Gucci ring - could a jeweler make it?

1. So I'm crazy about these rings, my question is do you think a jeweler could custom make them for less?

[​IMG] Retail $3,900

[​IMG] Retail $2,970.

They seem expensive for the type of stone, but then I don't know about the cut or setting.

2. Oh and my favorite! Retail $4,900.

[​IMG]

What do you all think? Will these look dated?

3. The cut is called a pillow cut I believe. I think they are ok and the older you get the more you will like them.

4. Wow that's a beautiful ring. I know this is not a huge discount but my SA told me around Nov. they have customer appreciation night and you can get 10 percent off anything in the store. But I pretty sure someone can re-produce that design for you. One of our PF'ers makes jewelry.

5. I'm sure a jeweler can recreate them. It's a pretty simple design. The stones aren't very expensive because they are semi-precious. You could probably get one for under $1000.

6. The last ring is gorgeous! I'm sure a good jeweler could replicate that ring if you give him/her good pics. It's a beauty!

7. Those rings are stunning!!! Not too loud as to be obnoxious but brilliant enough to get attention. :smile:

Good luck!

8. I'm sure someone could do it for you for 1/2 the price though I'm unsure of the Karat of gold. I can picture a green tourmaline in green gold.

9. It definitely can be made. How it will turn out depends on the individual you use. I have seen some awful copies...some amazing. My girlfriend found a jeweler by chance and he ends up being an ex-Tiffany jeweler that worked with them for ages. She said he is amazing, but expensive. She said he can make anything. So, you must hunt down for a good jeweler and really see his/her work.

10. I have a jeweler here in HK...that does custom pieces, and he is really good! Do you want me to check the prices for you????

11. There is a PFer who very closely replicated an LV ring...you'll want to do it well, so you must find the right person.

12. Thanks for the comments. If anyone knows a good jeweler in Washington, DC please pm me, or maybe one in NYC too, since I go up there every couple of months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice