Gucci - Rhyton problem

Kabang

Aug 16, 2020
(Not purse related, sorry :sad:)

Has anyone had peeling problems with their Gucci rhyton logo shoes? Mine started peeling about 2 months after buying them. I bought them from a luxury boutique (not the Gucci store) brand new, so they took them in for repair and gave them back. It's been 5 months since I bought them and 2 months since they were repaired. I barely wore them because of quarantine, and they're peeling again.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it by themselves? Gucci won't help since I didn't purchase it directly from them, but I have contacted the boutique again to see what they can do. Unfortunately, I recently moved to another country, so it's going to be a nightmare trying to get them to honor the warranty on the shoes now.

I'd appreciate any advice!

Last edited:
wait Gucci boutiques don't? I heard they do alterations/repairs for their products if it was purchased from an boutiques/department stores that are part of Gucci's retail network.

In the case of fixing by one's self. One way is to purchase some leather/multi-surface paint like Angelus and DIY it.

wait Gucci boutiques don't? I heard they do alterations/repairs for their products if it was purchased from an boutiques/department stores that are part of Gucci's retail network.

In the case of fixing by one's self. One way is to purchase some leather/multi-surface paint like Angelus and DIY it.
Thanks for the reply!

I bought it at a luxury boutique in another country I was living in, so it isn't a part of that network. They don't do department stores like the US does. First and last time I bought something not directly from a fashion house. It left a bad taste in my mouth lol. With all my other stuff straight from the fashion houses I have worldwide warranty... :sad:

And I don't think I want to paint it because it's not that bad. I just want to seal everything up and stop the peeling. Does a product like that even exist? (Of course I would only do this in the case that the boutique doesn't take responsibility haha.)

(Not purse related, sorry :sad:)

Has anyone had peeling problems with their Gucci rhyton logo shoes? Mine started peeling about 2 months after buying them. I bought them from a luxury boutique (not the Gucci store) brand new, so they took them in for repair and gave them back. It's been 5 months since I bought them and 2 months since they were repaired. I barely wore them because of quarantine, and they're peeling again.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it by themselves? Gucci won't help since I didn't purchase it directly from them, but I have contacted the boutique again to see what they can do. Unfortunately, I recently moved to another country, so it's going to be a nightmare trying to get them to honor the warranty on the shoes now.

I'd appreciate any advice!

I'm very sad this has happed to you.

Since it's not a case of wear and tear and clearly a fault with the shoes that was there in the beginning, it shouldn't be a case of the guarantee expiring. Please be polite but forceful.

Reactions: Kabang
Thanks for the reply!

I bought it at a luxury boutique in another country I was living in, so it isn't a part of that network. They don't do department stores like the US does. First and last time I bought something not directly from a fashion house. It left a bad taste in my mouth lol. With all my other stuff straight from the fashion houses I have worldwide warranty... :sad:

And I don't think I want to paint it because it's not that bad. I just want to seal everything up and stop the peeling. Does a product like that even exist? (Of course I would only do this in the case that the boutique doesn't take responsibility haha.)

Imo. I still recommend going to Gucci with the receipts just in case to see what they can do if you haven't already.

If you do decide to diy it, there is a product called an acrylic finisher or top coat that seals the design.

Reactions: Kabang
Hi Kabang, may I ask what’s peeling with your Rhytons, is it the actual leather or the print design on the shoes? I recently bought a pair, the distressed style one and I have to say that it’s one of the most comfortable pair of sneakers I’ve ever tried on. I just got it just a few days ago and after hearing about your sneakers, I’m having second thoughts with mine because I recently had the same issue with a pair of crocodile embossed leather sneakers from Giuseppe Zanotti when the leather surface of the shoe started peeling by just rubbing it.

Last edited: