Gucci Rhyton dad sneakers - which version is more subtle?

missmoimoi

Dec 5, 2009
I love the off-white or ivory leather but especially the off-white creamier one. Which logo is more subtle would you say? I actually prefer the plain version but it only comes in men’s sizes and as a dirty scuffed
IMG_3333.JPG
IMG_3335.JPGIMG_3300.JPGIMG_3336.JPG

They're both Gucci, so neither is subtle. If you want subtlety, you can probably find similar shoes without the branding. Upscale sneakers are so prevalent I don't think it would be that difficult...

Reactions: snibor
They're both Gucci, so neither is subtle. If you want subtlety, you can probably find similar shoes without the branding. Upscale sneakers are so prevalent I don't think it would be that difficult...

Oddly enough, that’s exactly what I used to think! But as I see these out and about on feet, it’s not as garish or flashy as I thought last year. And I think it’s because the logo is low near the ground not emblazoned across chest or handbag. I am loving loud dad sneakers too - some of which are super loud & flashy. The plain ones do come in women’s sizes but is distressed “dirty” [emoji848]
I finally tried them on and they are super comfy.

Reactions: papertiger
The ones with rainbow writing are more subtle and on-trend enough without the faux-ageing and 'so fake looking they're real' thing vibe of some of the models (which is already a bit tired IMO).

Oddly enough, that’s exactly what I used to think! But as I see these out and about on feet, it’s not as garish or flashy as I thought last year. And I think it’s because the logo is low near the ground not emblazoned across chest or handbag. I am loving loud dad sneakers too - some of which are super loud & flashy. The plain ones do come in women’s sizes but is distressed “dirty” [emoji848]
I finally tried them on and they are super comfy.

I haven't seen them out in the wild yet... They're less flashy than my purple and orange tennis shoes :biggrin: (in my defense, actually worn to play tennis).