Gucci Python Zip Around Wallet - Questions

kenzo89

Call me Kenny.
May 2, 2006
Hey guys,

I'm never usually in this forum but I've recently browsed the Gucci website and noticed their increase in selection of goods that are beyond just the GG canvas. I'm wondering about the Gucci Python Zip Around Wallet, the two in question are:

http://www.gucci.com/uk/styles/247028EE91T3216#
http://www.gucci.com/uk/styles/232977EIV7G4014#

I'm wondering:

Does anyone have one? How do they hold up within your bag? My Mum has a Large Jackie-O in brown python and it's held up a lot better than we anticipated but wallets are always rolling around within our bags so I was just curious.

Will these wallets go on sale? I don't want to pay full price for it to see it slashed to 50% or more after Boxing day. I'm undecided which colour to go for, I'm leaning more towards the military green as I've got a couple of blue wallets. Thoughts?

Any input would be most appreciated. :smile:

Python is always going to be less hardy than plain leather, whatever the brand, but this wallet is smooth (unlike my python Boule) so none of the scales should lift off.

If any wallet is rolling around with keys and pens it will get scratched.

I don't think the green won't be going on sale, it's just come out for Cruise. Generally exotic wallets, even in seasonal colours, don't normally go on sale - they don't take up much space.

Python is always going to be less hardy than plain leather, whatever the brand, but this wallet is smooth (unlike my python Boule) so none of the scales should lift off.

If any wallet is rolling around with keys and pens it will get scratched.

I don't think the green won't be going on sale, it's just come out for Cruise. Generally exotic wallets, even in seasonal colours, don't normally go on sale - they don't take up much space.

Perfect, thanks! I dropped by Gucci earlier and was told it shouldn't go on sale. Unfortunately they also told me there's no way of looking after or caring for it and it is expected for the scales to peel and reveal the natural skin underneath. I'm still undecided, more so because I saw a Black one today and it's £100 (Approx $150) cheaper than the Military Green but my heart is set on the Military Green, heh!

I'm flying out this Saturday so I guess I'll see if there's any at the airport before I purchase it online. I'd rather see it in real life to have a look at the different patterns etc.

Thanks for your help!

Perfect, thanks! I dropped by Gucci earlier and was told it shouldn't go on sale. Unfortunately they also told me there's no way of looking after or caring for it and it is expected for the scales to peel and reveal the natural skin underneath. I'm still undecided, more so because I saw a Black one today and it's £100 (Approx $150) cheaper than the Military Green but my heart is set on the Military Green, heh!

I'm flying out this Saturday so I guess I'll see if there's any at the airport before I purchase it online. I'd rather see it in real life to have a look at the different patterns etc.

Thanks for your help!

Happy to help, the price difference is prob due to the black being older and prices have gone up. Definitely, try try the airport first!

Good luck