Gucci Price Trick? Confused and need suggestions...

Ninok

Jul 25, 2007
So I ordered three bags from the Gucci site a few days ago. There's a "D gold" medium tote for $529 from $770 in this order and like the other two bags I ordered, it had a tag attached with item number but no price. My mom who's visiting and really liked this bag asked me to order one for her too and so I did. The package arrived today, I was extremely surprised to see a price tag of $369 attached to the bag (I paid $529+tax for it and my mom will pay me back, but what am I going to tell her?)

I thought it might be a mistake, but later I checked the numbers on the two tags more carefully, everything was identical, except one actually had a price of $369. I am wondering how this could have happened? Did they pull inventory from outlets, sample sales and just decided to increase $200 on a $500 bag?

This made me very upset about my purchase and Gucci. I've written to them demanding an explanation and I'd appreciate any info on this bag (have you seen it in outlets, sample sales, etc) or similar situations. Thank you all so much.

I think that I may have mis-read your post. It seems like you paid $529 for the bag, but when it arrived, it had a price tag on it of $369? If that's the case, then I'd call them and let them know or return it. If it came from Gucci.com, then it can be returned in 10 days. Sale items from boutiques are final sale, but I'd still talk to a manager about it.

Yes, that's what happened...and I am feeling awful for overpaying (probably)...

I think that I may have mis-read your post. It seems like you paid $529 for the bag, but when it arrived, it had a price tag on it of $369? If that's the case, then I'd call them and let them know or return it. If it came from Gucci.com, then it can be returned in 10 days. Sale items from boutiques are final sale, but I'd still talk to a manager about it.

OK, as long as I get this right I think whatever store picked up the order just saw either a style name or number request and just filled it without looking at the price tag. I know that was how we did .com orders at Saks when I worked there anyhow so it is possible you ordered right before second mark down, then they remarked right before your order was filled and it wasn't a scam. I say call your closest boutique or Gucci customer service and ask them. And if they don't rectify to your happiness you can return it. Good luck!

OT, but I thought there wasn't going to be a second markdown?

Sorry to hear about the pricing mishap. I do hope Gucci has a reasonable explanation and properly refunds you the overcharged funds.

I didn't know that items from Gucci.com had price tickets attached. I have only ordered things twice and the second time was just a wallet and it's always been for gifts so I made sure all the little bits were in the pocket except the price. Never a single a single price ticket around or in anything. Even at the stores whatever SA I have serve me or pack-up my goodies take the price tickets out/off of my things.

Weird. I hope you work it out with them.

^I did that was last May/June - my cleo charm and the bag for my mom. Nope no new Gucci's here...I was hoping that the Dorothy charm will be around for the second markdown but the awful news is there won't be a second markdown! It was the only time I ever ordered from the gucci site.

I purchased everything else at the boutique which they also take the price tag out of the pocket as well and just give the receipt.

^I did that was last May/June - my cleo charm and the bag for my mom. Nope no new Gucci's here...I was hoping that the Dorothy charm will be around for the second markdown but the awful news is there won't be a second markdown! It was the only time I ever ordered from the gucci site.

I purchased everything else at the boutique which they also take the price tag out of the pocket as well and just give the receipt.

LOL I thought you were keeping something secret :P

I ordered a bag from gucci.com last year and it had the tag attached. I have also bought sale items from the boutique that still had the tags attached or in a pocket. Also, I have heard that Gucci will pull merchandise from the stores to fill some of their gucci.com orders.