Gucci price increase

I used to buy Gucci in 2006-2008. After that I stopped buying Gucci because of my studies and other priorities, but I still have many shoes, bags and receipts.
I think some of you might find the prices interesting.
My first pair of sneakers were 250€
The famous waist bag also worn by Carrie Bradshaw in SATC was 345€
A medium messenger bag was 580, the Guccissima messenger bag was 765.
Gucci also made sales (I'm talking about the Gucci boutique in Florence!) and I bought a pair of sneakers for 190€ one time.

i bought loafers and cardigan
Are you in Tokyo, might I ask? I generally go to the Ginza flagship (the one with the secret-ish Metro entrance on the side of the building) — but is there another store you suggest going to? I’m always in Omotesando too late to hop into that store, and last time I was in the area in the daytime, I maxed out my daily shopping budget at YSL.

My very first Gucci loafers, in 1999, bought on sale for 50 USD (Was a poor student who could only afford a sales item a year on meagre savings from part time jobs then). I took stuff no one wanted to buy.

These loafers are still surviving a very long life enough for me to choke on the 920 USD price tag now.

I will never sell them because of how I starved myself out of lunch and ate plain cheap dinners miserably to get a pair of loafer. It’s a reminder of my poor days.

7B61DC66-39BB-437A-81DD-1AD0B4E82EED.jpeg

Last edited:
My very first Gucci loafers, in 1999, bought on sale for 50 USD (Was a poor student who could only afford a sales item a year on meagre savings from part time jobs then). I took stuff no one wanted to buy.

These loafers are still surviving a very long life enough for me to choke on the 920 USD price tag now.

I will never sell them because of how I starved myself out of lunch and ate plain cheap dinners miserably to get a pair of loafer. It’s a reminder of my poor days.

View attachment 5619801

and they are absolutely, heart-stompingly gorgeous

• Love
Reactions: redwings
I used to buy Gucci in 2006-2008. After that I stopped buying Gucci because of my studies and other priorities, but I still have many shoes, bags and receipts.
I think some of you might find the prices interesting.
My first pair of sneakers were 250€
The famous waist bag also worn by Carrie Bradshaw in SATC was 345€
A medium messenger bag was 580, the Guccissima messenger bag was 765.
Gucci also made sales (I'm talking about the Gucci boutique in Florence!) and I bought a pair of sneakers for 190€ one time.

I think my DH paid less than £400 for my Leather Hearts Boston Valentine's in 2009, although I remember my full-leather horse-bit bags costing around the £600 mark 2003/4

If they put up the prices in the UK I doubt if anybody British will be buying anything Gucci (or luxury) soon, it'll still be a good deal for tourists though.

Any update on the Gucci price increase? Was planning on my first Gucci purchase and then saw the post from Friday! I may need to hurry now.
Not sure, which bag are you looking to buy?

Just an FYI-- on lord and taylor's website, they have a few bags and are less expensive than on Gucci's website. Not sure of the reasoning, but they probably did not raise prices in the past when Gucci's prices increased.

Not sure, which bag are you looking to buy?

Just an FYI-- on lord and taylor's website, they have a few bags and are less expensive than on Gucci's website. Not sure of the reasoning, but they probably did not raise prices in the past when Gucci's prices increased.
I actually went ahead and ordered from the Gucci website this morning…lol. It’s the unisex gg zip pouch/shoulder bag with the red and green with monogram on the actual bag. Then it comes with the brown clutch strap and the blue/red adjustable web strap.

Reactions: papertiger
I just purchased the Ophidia small shoulder bag last night online. The local boutiques did not have the color in stock that I wanted and an SA told me there will be a price increase on 10/11. Not sure how true that is…. Has anyone heard anything??? I’m trying to decide if I should buy the matching wallet prior to the price increase because I wanted to wait and buy it as a “souvenir” on our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks…. Thanks in advance :smile: