Gucci Pelham bottom

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello All!

I am interested in a Gucci Pelham and I noticed a lot of them do not have a smooth bottom but usually a divet in the middle almost. I was looking at one that almost had a cardboard hard bottom and was curious of this is typical? Possibly the one I was looking at wasn't real? I know this it a highly faked item so I am hoping one of you might have the canvas version and be able to comment on what the bottom should feel like. Or possibly I can find one that doesn't feel that way? I would understand the use to hold the shape, but I was curious.

Thanks!!

2. I don't have a Pelham (and there are a couple of types too) but I do know it was one of the most copied, so be very careful.

3. Hi Papertiger! It's been awhile, I hope you are well!

They don't have them in stores, so second hand is really my only option :/ I really like the bag. I have one that came from a reputable seller. I had it authenticated here first and then by castira once received, both gave it their approval. I'm hoping its real! I really wish there weren't so many fakes :sad:

4. I bought Pelham years ago from Gucci store. Mine sags at the bottom as well but it doesn't effect the overall look because of the bag's shape IMO. Mine is in Python leather so I don't know about other materials.

5. Not sure exactly which Pelham you are referring too. I have the raffia Pelham large tote, not the one with studs, and I'd like to start off by saying this is a CRAZY HEAVY bag. I was shocked this "straw" bag was so heavy. But I love it and wouldn't part with it for the world.

so now on to your question

not exactly sure what you mean by "divet" however, the bottom on my bag goes straight across. and it is a soft-ish bottom. not super structured like my stirrup top handle bags or [pretty much 90% of my other bags] I prefer a structured bag, and went back and forth with this one. but I loved the design, so soft-ish won out. it does hang a bit at the bottom, it is not a super structured bag. see pics below. [please excuse the mess on my table, just came back from a trip, and haven't had the time to tidy up yet, but of course precedence goes to tpf postings lol]

Gucci Pelham Raffia Large Tote

[​IMG]

Pelham Bottom

[​IMG]