Gucci Padlock Bamboo bag

saruch

Jul 17, 2012
Hi ladies,

What are your thoughts on gucci padlock bamboo bag?
I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm so tempted to get it (I'm into bamboo handles).
I'm wondering if it would be uncomfortable or won't match with jeans.

Annotation 2020-06-19 100337.jpg

Annotation 2020-06-19 100433.jpg

Reactions: skyqueen
I am a fan of structured bags but I like them to be thinner than this. It can bump into things and sit awkwardly, so it is good to try in store if you can. I wish they made more bamboo handles bags tho, as I also am a fan!

I love the look but haven’t seen it in person so can not tell if it’s a heavy bag etc. I’m also a fan of bamboo handles and really like the padlock style too. The chain strap has a leather part so it will be comfortable to carry. I can not imagine this bag not matching with jeans.

I agree with above. I like bamboo handles but it does look quite large and boxy. I much prefer the original bamboo bag or the Dionysus bamboo top handle.

I love it.

Th bamboo is comfortable in the hand (if that's what you mean by "uncomfortable"). I think if it's a question comfort when worn with the strap it will most likely depend on how you wear it and how tall you are.

Reactions: 2gr8
So ladies, I ended up buying the gucci padlock bamboo but it came with dents in the bamboo handle.
(My dionysus bamboo handle doesn’t have any of this)

Am I being too picky or talk to SA for a replacement?

3F2CDCA9-8D64-463A-B4DF-34FB80BCB043.jpeg

B087D439-2480-41A7-96CF-3AE7DE90452E.jpeg

5221BE4B-075B-4AE8-BDB9-A8AEE8BF4469.jpeg

The chipped areas seem very visible as they contrast quite sharply with the color of the handle in that area. Given the placement and visibility I would ask for a replacement, the chips would bother me every time I saw the bag!