Gucci or LV Bags..

aprild said:
Fendifemale I agree. I've got a broken handle on my Gucci bag I brought in 1999. I called and got the cost and how long it would take to repair. I had a broken watch repaired. Plus with Gucci there is a warranty. Each time I called about the repair I was asked that question b/c Gucci will fix it for free if it's under warranty.
That's what I was thinking. And to these ppl who keep saying LV is more durable I hope they have both and aren't just making assumptions. I find that hard to believe that they aren't equal quality.

pursegalsf said:
LV is classic.
And Gucci isn't? I never saw a photo of Jackie O carrying an LV.
jackiewithgucci.jpg

fendifemale said:
quite defensive aren't we? lol :flowers:I think it boils down to preference, i prefer lv mabe is psycological that the fabric is more durable but i lov eit, and it depends on ur fashion taste to parisian vs. italian. i know for me its parisian lv all the way!:love:

LV, but I do enjoy Gucci bags, too.

I think Gucci has done well to invent itself new classics and worked on creating a solid classic line without having to monogram always. If I see the stripes, I know it's Gucci. Horsebit hobo? Gucci.

LV I think spends a little too much time on the bags of the season.

fendifemale said:
jackiewithgucci.jpg

But, to play the devil's advocate Audrey Hepburn did! I think both are quite classic IMHO. As far as LV speding too much time on "of the moment" bags, I think that has more to do with Marc Jacobs than the brand itself. Many of their pieces have stood the test of time.

naughtymanolo said:
quite defensive aren't we? lol :flowers:I think it boils down to preference, i prefer lv mabe is psycological that the fabric is more durable but i lov eit, and it depends on ur fashion taste to parisian vs. italian. i know for me its parisian lv all the way!:love:
sorry:biggrin: . i can get a bit sensitive when it comes to gucci. no harm intended.

Definitely LV. Reason being 1) LV is alot more durable, esp the canvas. 2) LV never goes on sale while Gucci does. You would only see a price increase in LV.

Don't get me wrong, I :heart: Gucci. But sometimes, I am not sure if it's really worth it ...

aprild said:
So what if it goes on sale...2 FOR 1 ANY DAY. Gucci.
gimme a high 5! so you mean to tell me that you rather pay more for a purse even if you dont have to? yeah i know about the value appreciation thing but really- how does a bag going on sale have anything to do with it's quality?

what does going on sale have to do with the craftmenship and quality of a bag? are you saying chanel dosent hold up either just because they have sales? I mean gucci and chanel DO NOT put there classic bags on sale, just the seasonal ones, which arent even that many.
so the argument has no validity.

I prefer gucci to lv. Im not fond of the boring brown monogram canvas and some of there things are just plain hideous. ie. global shoppers, most of the epi bags, atigua line.. although, I prefer lv for shoes and accessories such as wallets, necklaces, bracelets etc. for handbags, its gucci all the way.