Gucci movie?(not a fashion history)

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I wasn’t aware of upcoming movie about a family tragedy but it seems the Gucci family isn’t happy. I particular like this quote from article.

“ My grandfather [Aldo Gucci] was a very handsome man, like all the Guccis, and very tall, blue eyes and very elegant. He is being played by Al Pacino, who is not very tall already, and this photo shows him as fat, short, with sideburns, really ugly. Shameful, because he doesn’t resemble him at all,”

Wonder how much Gucci fashion will be showcased in the film. It stars Lady Gaga. https://pagesix.com/2021/04/15/gucci-family-slams-house-of-gucci-movie-truly-disappointed/

I read all about the Gucci family dynasty and business along with the history of the products 1921.

The murder of Maurizio was only one of the Gucci melodramatic stories back in the day, but a fatal one.

Maurizio behaved badly IMO too, he would rather sell the company to strangers in the early '90s rather than share it with his family.

Patricia was something else :cray: .

This film's publicity machine has set into full motion everywhere. I think I may tire of it even before I see it :sleeping: .

I think Lady Gaga may be good in it though (as Patricia).

As for Al Pacino plying Aldo, even if he doesn't resemble him he is good actor and this is an American film and not an Italian crime reconstruction.

I saw the trailer for House of Gucci on the weekend.
I guess it's coming out next month (Nov24 in Canada, at least). I'm pretty excited, I think it looks like it's gonna be good, even if just for the fashion.
Are all you Gucci fans planning to see it?
I’d like to see it. I don’t go into theaters anymore but eventually if it can be streamed at home I’ll watch.

Reactions: Loriad and V0N1B2
I wasn’t aware of upcoming movie about a family tragedy but it seems the Gucci family isn’t happy. I particular like this quote from article.

“ My grandfather [Aldo Gucci] was a very handsome man, like all the Guccis, and very tall, blue eyes and very elegant. He is being played by Al Pacino, who is not very tall already, and this photo shows him as fat, short, with sideburns, really ugly. Shameful, because he doesn’t resemble him at all,”

Wonder how much Gucci fashion will be showcased in the film. It stars Lady Gaga. https://pagesix.com/2021/04/15/gucci-family-slams-house-of-gucci-movie-truly-disappointed/
I read that quote as well but found it a bit unfair actually. I would think having an actor of Pacino's calibre playing Aldo Gucci would be an honor... But then, I'm a huge Pacino fan ;)

I can't wait to see it, the trailer looks amazing!

Saw it tonight, have many thoughts but not many good :lol:

Was fun to see some of the classic designs pop up but was just background noise unfortunately. I'd consider this an airplane or streaming movie, it's a fun one but not necessary to see it in theaters. It was just all over the place, they couldn't decide what approach they wanted to go with so they did everything from biopic to campy comedy. Adam Driver was great though, he looked very handsome as a Gucci.