Gucci Marmont Velvet bag

czk317

Jun 29, 2015
hi Fellow purse lovers, I've been looking for the Gucci Marmont Velvet bag in the color teal. I know i'm so late in the game. I wasn't interested at first when i saw it. But now i'm falling in love. The color is sooo gorgeous!! Have you girls seen it anywhere in the preloved market even?

Attachments

• 443497_K4D2T_4462_001_060_0000_Light-GG-Marmont-velvet-shoulder-bag.jpg
    443497_K4D2T_4462_001_060_0000_Light-GG-Marmont-velvet-shoulder-bag.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 8,132
Reactions: xkneehighz
Hi, I felt compelled to join the forum just to answer your post haha! I don't know where in the world you are located, but I was just browsing the official Irish Gucci website earlier and both the velvet marmont in the wine colour and the teal colour are listed there-the teal colour is available for special order and the wine is available to ship in a week. Perhaps a sign that more will become available elsewhere too? That teal is so beautiful...if I hadn't just bought a marmont mini I would be very tempted!

Hi, I felt compelled to join the forum just to answer your post haha! I don't know where in the world you are located, but I was just browsing the official Irish Gucci website earlier and both the velvet marmont in the wine colour and the teal colour are listed there-the teal colour is available for special order and the wine is available to ship in a week. Perhaps a sign that more will become available elsewhere too? That teal is so beautiful...if I hadn't just bought a marmont mini I would be very tempted!
Thanks for your input! I'm in the US and I've asked many Gucci sales associate. They all told me that the bag is gone forever and Gucci is not planning to bring it back. I do see that on Gucci's Europe website we can pre-order. So i dont understand why US is not getting them. I dont live in Europe so can't order and have them shipped there. :sad:

Thanks for your input! I'm in the US and I've asked many Gucci sales associate. They all told me that the bag is gone forever and Gucci is not planning to bring it back. I do see that on Gucci's Europe website we can pre-order. So i dont understand why US is not getting them. I dont live in Europe so can't order and have them shipped there. :sad:
Ugh that is such a shame, I don't understand that either! I hope you can get your hands on one somehow!

I was looking for the purple one about a month ago and ended up finding teal at Neimans BUT they told me at the Gucci store you could order them and they would arrive in about 3ish months. They also mentioned there were many people on the waitlist which gave me the idea it might take longer than three months but the message I got was that they were definitely making more. This was Gucci in King of Prussia PA if you want to call them.

I'm so tempted to get this bag. I'm just scared about the wear and tear. But then if I'm not going to use it as an everyday bag. I suppose it should be ok. [emoji13]

I want one of the velvets so so bad! But I'm just stuck on the color. The teal and Rubin are so stunning but I just don't know if I would wear them that often- I'm usually all about neutral bags, but these are such a statement. Dilemmas! The teal is currently available in the medium at my local Gucci in Aus, the black and Rubin aren't.

I want one of the velvets so so bad! But I'm just stuck on the color. The teal and Rubin are so stunning but I just don't know if I would wear them that often- I'm usually all about neutral bags, but these are such a statement. Dilemmas! The teal is currently available in the medium at my local Gucci in Aus, the black and Rubin aren't.

If you'd like some advice, go for colour in the velvet!
According to your signature list you do own a fair few black bags already. I understand that your preference is for neutral bags but the nature of velvet means that there's a lot of depth and variability in the shades of colour within the fabric - like a jewel - and it really lends itself to rich, deep colour. The Rubin (berry pink) is especially jewel like.
I hope you get a chance to see the velvet bags in real life because photos don't do them justice.
I own the three original colours in the velvet Marmont - black medium and Rubin and Petrol in the small size. Love them all but the Petrol blue is my favourite colour.
I also absolutely love the big boho lux statement made by the medium size velvet Marmont :coolio:

Last edited:
Reactions: yangswearabouts