Gucci Marmont Velvet Bag - Anyone else have issues with the velvet?

LaFlorSagrada

Apr 11, 2018
1.jpg 2.jpg Hi Everyone,
I ordered a Small Gucci Marmont Velvet Bag in Fuchsia from Neiman Marcus a little over a month ago. Well, the first bag they sent me appeared to have a scratch or indentation in the velvet along one side (it was noticeable before I even pulled it out of all the packaging). They sent me a replacement but this new bag has the EXACT same scratch/indentation in the velvet along one side! And this one is even more prominent! I'm wondering if it's something in how they're packing the bags and/or I'm being too nitpicky and is something that can easily be repaired. (I looked online and saw that you can use water or steam to rework the nap). Before I do anything, I thought I'd check with this forum and see if anyone else has had similar issues and if you were able to repair it. These are expensive bags and I'd hate to pay for one that has such a noticeable mar on it because I know my brain would always see it.

Last edited:
View attachment 4284744 View attachment 4284745 Hi Everyone,
I ordered a Small Gucci Marmont Velvet Bag in Fuchsia from Neiman Marcus a little over a month ago. Well, the first bag they sent me appeared to have a scratch or indentation in the velvet along one side (it was noticeable before I even pulled it out of all the packaging). They sent me a replacement but this new bag has the EXACT same scratch/indentation in the velvet along one side! And this one is even more prominent! I'm wondering if it's something in how they're packing the bags and/or I'm being too nitpicky and is something that can easily be repaired. (I looked online and saw that you can use water or steam to rework the nap). Before I do anything, I thought I'd check with this forum and see if anyone else has had similar issues and if you were able to repair it. These are expensive bags and I'd hate to pay for one that has such a noticeable mar on it because I know my brain would always see it.
It doesn’t look like an issue with the velvet, it definitely looks like the store is not packing or storing the bags properly. I just got this bag in Mini yesterday and there are slight indentations that are natural and very small, but nothing like this.

I don’t think you’re being nit picky, I think it can be buffed, brushed or steamed out but maybe try exchanging it one more time?

It doesn’t look like an issue with the velvet, it definitely looks like the store is not packing or storing the bags properly. I just got this bag in Mini yesterday and there are slight indentations that are natural and very small, but nothing like this.

I don’t think you’re being nit picky, I think it can be buffed, brushed or steamed out but maybe try exchanging it one more time?

Thanks. I gave it a shot and, after speaking with a NM Customer Service supervisor yesterday, was rushed another replacement (my 3rd bag). It arrived a little bit ago and sadly has the same indentation. I had explained to the Supervisor that I thought the issue might be with how they were packaging it but, unfortunately, they packed it the same way. I will be sending this one back to NM and think I will just give up on this bag. I have the matelasse leather one in Porcelain Rose - which has been a great summer/spring bag - but perhaps the velvet just isn’t in the cards for me.

I ordered this same bag in red velvet from NM to pick up in store. Upon unboxing it(still at the store) i noticed the leather strap was completely bent. I was so upset! There was no one on the sales floor to address my concern. I had to notify a stock assosciate to find somebody & the sales assosciate(when she finally made an appearance) was very rude! I love NM but will definitely proceed with caution when purchasing with them in the future.