Gucci marmont camera bag defect

dribbelina

O.G.
Jan 15, 2014
Hi I bought my gucci camera bag last week and I wore it a couple of times. But now the black lines near the zipper come off. Should I return it or pull everything myself of ......it's like some sort of plastic.
TIA
IMG_1490795564.702645.jpg
IMG_1490795581.787261.jpg

Hi,
I think I posted on wrong section so reposting here...I don't know if mine is defective or not...I ordered the mini camera bag in antique rose from Saks and just received it today, it's cute but I noticed something upon close inspection. The two bottom has a weird glued-in section...I don't know if all the bags are like that or am I being picky? I would appreciate if someone could compare it with theirs? Thanks in advance! ( please excuse my nails)

Attachments

• IMG_3862.JPG
    IMG_3862.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 2,423
  • IMG_3863.JPG
    IMG_3863.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 2,309
  • IMG_3864.JPG
    IMG_3864.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 2,314
  • IMG_3865.JPG
    IMG_3865.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 2,327
  • IMG_3866.JPG
    IMG_3866.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,318
  • IMG_3867.JPG
    IMG_3867.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,328
Hi I bought my gucci camera bag last week and I wore it a couple of times. But now the black lines near the zipper come off. Should I return it or pull everything myself of ......it's like some sort of plastic.
TIA
View attachment 3649878
View attachment 3649879

It's the coloured resin that seals the edges, usually resin sets but also bends, it's either set too hard and cracked or didn't set. It could also be a problem of storage before your bought. Don't pull any off, just take it back.

Hi,
I think I posted on wrong section so reposting here...I don't know if mine is defective or not...I ordered the mini camera bag in antique rose from Saks and just received it today, it's cute but I noticed something upon close inspection. The two bottom has a weird glued-in section...I don't know if all the bags are like that or am I being picky? I would appreciate if someone could compare it with theirs? Thanks in advance! ( please excuse my nails)

The only photo you don't ring the piping is the first pic where we'd need to see. Could just be the edging of the piping.

1. ZOOM of the piping of the stock photo/bag on gucci.com

unspecified.png unspecified (1).png

2. Shows where the join of the piping is found

Reactions: Christofle
The only photo you don't ring the piping is the first pic where we'd need to see. Could just be the edging of the piping.

1. ZOOM of the piping of the stock photo/bag on gucci.com

View attachment 3650245 View attachment 3650246

2. Shows where the join of the piping is found
Piping that's the word I was looking for! I posted the other photos b/c I thought it showed it the best...Anyhow, the stock photo shows the same thing so I guess my bag is not defective...thanks.

Reactions: papertiger
I tried this bag on in the Gucci store in Brisbane and it had the exact same issue with the black stuff. I was wiping it off as I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. I still intend to buy it. I think it may be normal??

I tried this bag on in the Gucci store in Brisbane and it had the exact same issue with the black stuff. I was wiping it off as I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. I still intend to buy it. I think it may be normal??

No, it's not normal, make them find you one with properly resin-sealed edges

Reactions: Greentea