Gucci Marmont Bag already showing signs of wear

Brandon4268

Mar 5, 2016
California
I purchased this bag at the end of september so its been about 7 months and i have been using it pretty regularly. That being said, i am careful with it, i take care of my things. Despite this, i am noticing that the gold studs are very noticibly peeling and the massive GG symbol on the front is just starting to peel on a very small scale. I am freaking out! Nearly $3000 with tax and already showing signs of wear..is there anything Gucci can do about this? Its my first gucci bag and i love it but i'm so disappointed in the quality. I have Ysl, Prada, and chanel and they have never shown signs of wear at all.

Attachments

Oct 21, 2008
You should definitely take it to Gucci.
I've had the same bag since October and so far it's fine, no signs of hardware deterioration at all. Because i live in a humid, salty environment I take extra special care of it (as I do with all of my bags with significant hardware) and wipe down the hardware after each use before storing it inside a dust bag in my wardrobe.
I've been concerned about how the hardware on the Marmont bags might age so I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. It's a shame that you have to deal with this problem so soon after purchase and I hope you get good news from Gucci.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89

Ta.acosta4

May 9, 2017
Please post pictures! I got a Marmont mini and I am having second thoughts because the hardware looks a little funky to me and I haven't even used it once!! I would love to see what yours looks like!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Hard to advise without seeing pics of your actual bag.

I've never had any hardware trouble so far but then I haven't bought a bag under AM. It's still a relatively new bag and since they're guaranteed for at least a year. Take some pics for us and to send to Gucci CS and let them take a look, let us know what they say.

Reactions: SkeeWee1908

AP919

Jun 14, 2015
New York
I can tell you that I was advised AGAINST getting a Marmont at Gucci in Bloomie's on 59th Street a while ago. I loved the yellow color, but more than one associate told me it wouldn't wear well, and things like denim would definitely transfer onto it. Even if I got a small one for around $900 - $1,000, that was a no-go.