Gucci Loafers Advice Needed! - Brixton vs Jordaan

evajenny4

May 4, 2016
Hi guys! New to the Gucci forum here! I'm looking to invest in my first pair of Gucci loafers, something very classic, so of course I am considering both the Jordaan and Brixton styles.
However I am a little confused about the differences between the two! Is the only difference that the Brixton can be folded down? Are there any other differences in terms of look, quality, fit etc? Is there a style that are considered more classic? The Brixton style is quite a bit cheaper and I was just wondering if this were for any particular reason.
Also, how do people generally find them in terms of comfort and sizing? Do they fit true to size? Should I size up/down or stick with my usual? I'm a 39 in the Gucci Marmont Pumps.
Any info you may have will be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Yeah, the bit that folds down is the main difference. I think the Jordaan is considered more classic, but I would try it on in stores if you can or size up a little bit if you have a wide foot because the shoe runs very narrow.

Yeah, the bit that folds down is the main difference. I think the Jordaan is considered more classic, but I would try it on in stores if you can or size up a little bit if you have a wide foot because the shoe runs very narrow.
Thanks for this! Yes, I was hoping to try them on side by side, but the brixton seems to be out of stock all the time in the UK, and also isn't on the website, I guess they're more popular at the moment? - I'll at least try on the Jordaan's and see how I get on with those! :smile:

For people not familiar

Jordaan 404069_BLM00_1000_001_098_0000_Light-Gucci-Jordaan-leather-loafer.jpg

Brixton 414998_DLC00_1000_001_090_0000_Light-Brixton-leather-Horsebit-loafer.jpg

You can clearly see the difference and why the Jordaan is more expensive, it's made in the traditional way and an update to the 1970s aesthetic on the original 1950s Gucci loafer. The back of the shoe has to undergo many processes to ensure it holds its shape.

Th Brixton has a softer, less structured back allowing the shoe to be worn as the more trendy outdoor slipper (although originally all of these 'loafers' were based on a traditional Norwegian indoor shoe, and if you've ever lived in Norway you will know why they always have to take their outdoor shoes off!!!!).

I am TTS in the Jordaans, the Brixton need to fit tighter otherwise the heel will slip (if worn up) and the leather is able to stretch more. The leather gives on both models and they are both really comfortable. The Brixton may have a shorter lifespan if you intend to wear them up but otherwise it gives you options. If you only want to wear them 'normally' and frequently and keep them for a longtime I would go for the Jordaans.

The reason the Brixtons are sold out is because people like to hedge their bets, they get the slipper/mule trend and think they are getting a trad. shoe too but quality wise it's actually better to buy the Princetown (same 1970s loafer toe-line but a mule for those reading this in 2055 ;) ) and Jordaan separately. However, lots of people also have a problem with swollen feet, heel-spurs etc and the Brixton would make perfect shoes for those people because the backs are so soft and giving.

Last edited:
For people not familiar

Jordaan View attachment 3620832

Brixton View attachment 3620833

You can clearly see the difference and why the Jordaan is more expensive, it's made in the traditional way and an update to the 1970s aesthetic on the original 1950s Gucci loafer. The back of the shoe has to undergo many processes to ensure it holds its shape.

Th Brixton has a softer, less structured back allowing the shoe to be worn as the more trendy outdoor slipper (although originally all of these 'loafers' were based on a traditional Norwegian indoor shoe, and if you've ever lived in Norway you will know why they always have to take their outdoor shoes off!!!!).

I am TTS in the Jordaans, the Brixton need to fit tighter otherwise the heel will slip (if worn up) and the leather is able to stretch more. The leather gives on both models and they are both really comfortable. The Brixton may have a shorter lifespan if you intend to wear them up but otherwise it gives you options. If you only want to wear them 'normally' and frequently and keep them for a longtime I would go for the Jordaans.

The reason the Brixtons are sold out is because people like to hedge their bets, they get the slipper/mule trend and think they are getting a trad. shoe too but quality wise it's actually better to buy the Princetown (same 1970s loafer toe-line but a mule for those reading this in 2055 ;) ) and Jordaan separately. However, lots of people also have a problem with swollen feet, heel-spurs etc and the Brixton would make perfect shoes for those people because the backs are so soft and giving.

Thanks so much for this, this was super helpful! Seeing them side by side I definitely get what you mean - from the front they look almost identical so I was super confused.
I'm definitely leaning towards the Jordaans as I think I'd only ever intend to wear them as a full shoe, and if they're comfortable also then I'd prefer to go for the more classic pair.
Thanks again for all the info!

Reactions: papertiger
I tried them both and the Brixton is made of a softer leather so it is more comfortable to me. The soft leather probably will make it less durable in the long run as papertiger said but I'll go for comfort over durability any day. I don't particularly like the way it looks with the back folded down but if you slip your shoes on and off a lot the back tends to get dented in after a time, anyway and this is made to do that without damage to the leather. If you travel by air a lot or remove your shoes in the house like my family does they are actually quite convenient.

I have always worn the basic horsebit Gucci loafer. I ordered a pair of Jordaan loafers in red. Love them but they do run narrow. I had to have them
professionally stretched (Gucci will do the stretching, too). I have fairly narrow feet so I was surprised. Once stretched...very comfortable!

Reactions: papertiger
I tried them both and the Brixton is made of a softer leather so it is more comfortable to me. The soft leather probably will make it less durable in the long run as papertiger said but I'll go for comfort over durability any day. I don't particularly like the way it looks with the back folded down but if you slip your shoes on and off a lot the back tends to get dented in after a time, anyway and this is made to do that without damage to the leather. If you travel by air a lot or remove your shoes in the house like my family does they are actually quite convenient.
Hi I really want to buy a pair of Brixtons. I normally wear a UK size 5 which it IT 38. I tried on the jordaans today in store in a UK 4 and they fit perfectly! Would you say I should go for the same size in the Brixtons?

Hi I really want to buy a pair of Brixtons. I normally wear a UK size 5 which it IT 38. I tried on the jordaans today in store in a UK 4 and they fit perfectly! Would you say I should go for the same size in the Brixtons?
I would consider going down half a size in the Brixtons because the leather is very soft and I am sure it will stretch out over time. Even if they fit perfectly now they might be loose in a month or so.

Reactions: loves
I have a slightly different question and that is: Brixton or Princetowns?

I have the Jordaans and love them. But now come the nice weather They do get a bit stuffy and I definitely want some mules. Princetowns are the obvious choice as they function much better as a mule and summer shoe than the folded back Brixton. However, just as I was about to get them I had two doubts. One is the bike, which I use a lot. Brixton would be no problem but I guess it is not a good idea to ride the bike with Princetowns? The other is travelling: I like the idea of running around airports and train stations with the full shoe (guessing not such a good idea to do so with a mule?) but then going to mule mode when sitting down...

What do you think, owners of Princetowns and Brixtons? Would you ride a bike or travel with the Ps? Are the Bs really comfortable as a mule?

Reactions: caspef