Gucci Liberty Floral Mini Bag

Mar 15, 2011
I am a huge fan of Liberty London prints. When I stumbled on this bag I became very excited and wanted it immediately. Unfortunately, the size, shape, and strap seem extra small and impractical. Does anyone have this bag or a mini bag like it? How much can you fit in it? The model is a man and just has it around his neck. Do you think a (short) female could wear it as a crossbody?

Liberty for Gucci.png

I agree - such a great collab with Liberty. The shape of this "Horsebit 1955 mini bag" is so cute. It is also in production in black and brown.

The drop length is noted as 19.7". Dimensions 4.5"W x 6.7"H x 1.6"D.

1599959473661.png

The black leather one has the same dimensions, and here it is on a model that is noted as 5' 1".

1599959538111.png

But 5' 1" is probably a typo...the brown one has these photos and info indicates the first model is 6' tall, the second model is 5'9" tall. It's unclear which is the "first" model. Either way, info conflicts with the height noted in black leather version.

(I just chatted with Gucci and pointed out the discrepancy. They will check.)

1599959650447.png
1599959784342.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Frugalfinds
I agree - such a great collab with Liberty. The shape of this "Horsebit 1955 mini bag" is so cute. It is also in production in black and brown.

The drop length is noted as 19.7". Dimensions 4.5"W x 6.7"H x 1.6"D.

View attachment 4846331

The black leather one has the same dimensions, and here it is on a model that is noted as 5' 1".

View attachment 4846332

But 5' 1" is probably a typo...the brown one has these photos and info indicates the first model is 6' tall, the second model is 5'9" tall. It's unclear which is the "first" model. Either way, info conflicts with the height noted in black leather version.

(I just chatted with Gucci and pointed out the discrepancy. They will check.)

View attachment 4846333
View attachment 4846335

These are very helpful in getting an idea of how they would look on and work as a crossbody. Thanks!!! I love that you even contacted Gucci to let them know there is an error in the height of their models!

I am still curious if anyone knows how much can fit in this bag. I've seen the dimensions, but I've found that I can have two bags that are about the same size but one will hold much more than the other. I guess it comes down to the leather and the specific shape.

My local Gucci is located in Saks. My SA said they don't have it, but she did look it up and said there is also a blue one. Blue isn't even an option on Gucci's website. She said it is beautiful. Just FYI too.

I am a huge fan of Liberty London prints. When I stumbled on this bag I became very excited and wanted it immediately. Unfortunately, the size, shape, and strap seem extra small and impractical. Does anyone have this bag or a mini bag like it? How much can you fit in it? The model is a man and just has it around his neck. Do you think a (short) female could wear it as a crossbody?

View attachment 4845773

I saw this as well and my heart skipped a beat. However, the shape does not suit me. I am hoping there will be other variations.

I know! A Disco or a flap version would be amazing to me! They do have a duffle bag, but it says LIBERTY and GUCCI in giant print. The writing just isn't my thing, but maybe someone else is interested.

View attachment 4846412

My thoughts exactly! I can’t do the duffle because I just got a duffle in the fake/not version. And I agree with you. The print is so lovely that the large lettering detracts from the print. I too am hoping for another version.

These are very helpful in getting an idea of how they would look on and work as a crossbody. Thanks!!! I love that you even contacted Gucci to let them know there is an error in the height of their models!

I am still curious if anyone knows how much can fit in this bag. I've seen the dimensions, but I've found that I can have two bags that are about the same size but one will hold much more than the other. I guess it comes down to the leather and the specific shape.

My local Gucci is located in Saks. My SA said they don't have it, but she did look it up and said there is also a blue one. Blue isn't even an option on Gucci's website. She said it is beautiful. Just FYI too.

You're welcome! The 5' 1" height was both a surprising and confusing, so I had to do something about it!

I know what you mean about actual "capacity". This does look really small, especially the depth, so I would guess only a phone, some cards, one gigantic electronic car key fob.

The blue sounds pretty, too.

Reactions: Frugalfinds
And talk about timing! While flipping through the magazine for Ala Moana, the large shopping mall located in Honolulu, look what JUMPED out at me!! :biggrin:

Honolulu is in lockdown again. It's terrible as the non-essential retailers must remain closed until the 24th, hurting a lot of small businesses. Of course this includes luxury stores and many have packed away their items. But at least it appears that more Liberty items are still to come.

Leather horsebit shoulder bags are $2,590 on the Gucci.com; so this will be more due to the print.

1600017368578.png

And talk about timing! While flipping through the magazine for Ala Moana, the large shopping mall located in Honolulu, look what JUMPED out at me!! :biggrin:

Honolulu is in lockdown again. It's terrible as the non-essential retailers must remain closed until the 24th, hurting a lot of small businesses. Of course this includes luxury stores and many have packed away their items. But at least it appears that more Liberty items are still to come.

Leather horsebit shoulder bags are $2,590 on the Gucci.com; so this will be more due to the print.

View attachment 4846800

Oh this is wonderful! This isn't on the Gucci website. I wonder if the only way to get one is to go in/call a Gucci store. Maybe they are doing a slow roll out of products. This also makes me wonder if there are even more styles in the works! :graucho:

View attachment 4846800

This is wonderful. Maybe there will be more.

Thanks for updating us about what is happening in Hawaii...