Gucci leather-soled shoes.... protect with rubber or wear leather until it worn out?

cheweyvy

O.G.
Sep 21, 2007
Hi everyone!

I just bought a new pair of Gucci loafers with leather soled bottoms. I am getting mixed info from my husband and good friends. Some told me to bring them to cobbler and add a thin half leather sole to protect the original leather, and some said to enjoy the leather sole and re-sole them in the future if needed.

What you do ladies and gentlemen recommend? All advise and opinion welcome! :flowers:

-S

Reactions: Mackswim
Just wear (the sole builds up protection as you wear them for a good while anyway) and re-sole.

Points to think about maybe

If any non-Gucci cobbler ever touches your shoe Gucci will not touch them again ever and it also negates any guarantee should anything else go wrong.

If these are men's shoes the first re-soling may be free - just check

I've worn all my gucci shoes w/out any added protection. I never really thought about protecting them. But I rotate my shoes a lot - so I don't really wear any of them out.

Thanks Flipchickmc! I am only concern the shiny slippery bottom... some suggest to scratch up the bottom with a key before wearing. Any thought on this?

Just wear (the sole builds up protection as you wear them for a good while anyway) and re-sole.

Points to think about maybe

If any non-Gucci cobbler ever touches your shoe Gucci will not touch them again ever and it also negates any guarantee should anything else go wrong.

If these are men's shoes the first re-soling may be free - just check

Thanks Papertiger! Very good point. In the past, I have brought my other designer heel shoes to local cobbler and added rubber protection to get more grip so I don't slip and fall, and understood that automatically denied service from designer boutique themselves afterward. But since these loafers are flat, I am thinking I can balance better without falling and enjoy the luxury of smooth leather gliding. I had NO IDEA that Gucci does 1st re-soling for free for men shoes. Need to call my SA to find out!

The bottom shoes are so new, shiny and smooth. Somehow I feel a need to protecting them :lol:

Thanks Papertiger! Very good point. In the past, I have brought my other designer heel shoes to local cobbler and added rubber protection to get more grip so I don't slip and fall, and understood that automatically denied service from designer boutique themselves afterward. But since these loafers are flat, I am thinking I can balance better without falling and enjoy the luxury of smooth leather gliding. I had NO IDEA that Gucci does 1st re-soling for free for men shoes. Need to call my SA to find out!

The bottom shoes are so new, shiny and smooth. Somehow I feel a need to protecting them :lol:

They sound so gorgeous altogether but to make sure to do not slip when you first wear them perhaps score them in criss-cross diaganally lightly with scissors or a kitchen knife ###. After you wear them a few times the score marks will disappear :cool:.

I have never heard of Gucci re-soling men's shoes...this is a service that they provide? I rotate my shoes a lot so I haven't had this problem yet - but it's good to know for the future.