Gucci leather or fabric?

jane

since '05
O.G.
Sep 28, 2005
So today after work I took a long walk and ended up at Saks. I know, how weird! Anyway, I visited the Gucci counter (again) and I think I found the bag I want. I just can't decide between black leather and black signature fabric. The price difference is minimal. Here are pics of the fabric bag... can't find pics online of the leather one anywhere.

gucci_146244_f4dyg_black_1.jpg

gucci_146244_f4dyg_black_4.jpg

20051011031-r1.jpg

146244_F4DYG_9643

The leather one was just gorgeous. :love: :love: It's somewhat plain, but the hardware is stunning and it's actually quite roomy. Even has a cellphone pocket inside. It's about 11" x 8" x 3".

It's my next bag! What to doooo... And of course it's one of those bags that no one seems to have except this one Saks counter. Gucci.com doesn't even have it in leather.

This one is small enough to do in the leather. The horsebit hobos from the Cruise collection a year or two ago were quite heavy in the leather because they are so large. I like the fabric for the signature, but if you get the black it won't be that noticeable anyway.

Yeah I'm never getting another big leather bag, my shoulder can't take it.

I put all of my stuff into this bag at Saks (wallet, phone, PDA, Ipod, etc) and there was still some room left over. Yay!

jane said:
Yeah I'm never getting another big leather bag, my shoulder can't take it.

I put all of my stuff into this bag at Saks (wallet, phone, PDA, Ipod, etc) and there was still some room left over. Yay!

Definitely leather. The signature print will eventually get "old."

I prefer the fabric.. but I guess it also depends on the wear that you'd put on the bag. The girls are right, a leather bag will definately last longer and you won't accumulate the same kind of wear on the corners.

I love gucci fabric, it's the only logo fabric I actually like ... however, on all THREE of my gucci fabric bags, the fabric has worn on the corners, just like everyone else said. :sad: I think that bag will look nice in leather!!

So it dawned on me that I can have the leather AND the signature: by getting a Guccissima bag! I actually already saw and loved the tote, and reasoned that since I do not own a brown leather bag, this bag in chocolate may be right for my first Gucci...

medium tote
145993_A0V1G_2019

or

medium top handle bag
145785_A0V1G_2019

or maybe even

small boston bag
146002_A0VFG_2051

I should be getting a very sweet annual employee bonus next month, crossing fingers, so this is gonna be my little reward for that.

Does anyone here have any of these bags or have a preference?

I have the large top handle bag. It's really beautiful. I wouldn't get it in the Boston personally. I think it's too much stuff going around and the Guccissima gets lost with it...

I like the other two. Two things to consider--1) do you want a shoulder strap bag? If so the top handle bag probably won't work on the shoulder. 2) What kind of closure do you want? I'm not sure if the tote has a closure or a zipper... If that's the case, you might want to make sure whether you're ok without the zipper closure...

I looked at the tote in person a couple weeks ago and I am pretty sure it has some kind of closure.

I do like having the option of wearing on the shoulder.

Weirdly, gucci.com has the tote for $1150, but it's only $1095 at neimans website. What's with the $55 difference, I wonder.