Gucci Joy Boston (Does it peel?)

Peachhz

Nov 30, 2009
Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions to ask all u Gucci fans out there. I fell in love with the 'joy' medium boston bag with D ring detail from the 2010 Cruise Collection in silver GG coated fabric with silver leather trim BUT I'm worried that the silver leather trim is gonna peel. Does anybody know if this material peels? (I heard the metallic ones peel real bad.) Also, I would like to know how to care for the bag...the leather trim in particular.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Joy medium boston bag with D ring detail.jpg
    Joy medium boston bag with D ring detail.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 2,117
To be totally honest - I purchased two joy boston bags one tattoo boston and the other pink crystal boston. Both bags were purchased during the last sale. The tattoo boston peeled a bit underneath the handle. It's not noticeable, but I stopped carrying the bag as often because I did not want to damage it so soon. That bag has patent leather handles. The pink crystal bag has leather handles and the color seem to be fading a bit, but not a lot. I don't know if what's the deal with these handles, but be careful. Maybe I'm just a lil rough carrying these bags. However, I'm still contemplating the gun metal boston w/ black leather handles. If that bog goes on sale it's mine. I'll worry about the handles later and I'll be extra careful.

I think it's the sealant - I know certain bags like the LV Damier Speedy and some of the Coach bags does the same thing on their handles - maybe it's when the handles are rubbed together. I'm sure if it's a sealant issue, the bag can be sent in to get new sealant or new handles. I'm very rough with my bags so I always attribute any damage to my bags as wear.

However for metallic bags regardless of brand/designer, they will eventually peel (I don't know of any that doesn't). That's the reason I stay far away from any bags with metallic handles or body. Even though they look really gorgeous.

I have had the gold medium joy boston bag for more than a year, and the handles are in perfect condition. I think that most of the problems were with the metallic handles - I returned two bags before I exchanged it for this bag, and I have no problems. I don't think that there is anything to worry about if the handles are a dyed leather.

I was thinking of purchasing the same bag in silver too!

I have two boston bag since June, I wear one all the time to go to work and it is in perfect condition, it is red patent leather and is good...I just bought a Damier Speedy, now I'm worry that in a couple of month maybe all my bags start to peel :sad:

Hey everyone, I bought the Gucci Medium Joy Boston bag in 2007 and it was in beige ebony in a metallic like foil. Those handles peeled so badly I can't even use it anymore with out getting weird stares. If you plan on buying a Gucci Joy Boston Bag, I'd recommend to buy only the ones with leather handles and not metallic foils.

To be totally honest - I purchased two joy boston bags one tattoo boston and the other pink crystal boston. Both bags were purchased during the last sale. The tattoo boston peeled a bit underneath the handle. It's not noticeable, but I stopped carrying the bag as often because I did not want to damage it so soon. That bag has patent leather handles. The pink crystal bag has leather handles and the color seem to be fading a bit, but not a lot. I don't know if what's the deal with these handles, but be careful. Maybe I'm just a lil rough carrying these bags. However, I'm still contemplating the gun metal boston w/ black leather handles. If that bog goes on sale it's mine. I'll worry about the handles later and I'll be extra careful.

I have both bags, so far mine still looking good with no peeling or fading. I also just purchased the silver boston bag, the SA told me it might fade a bit but it won't peel! So keep my finger crossed on the silver boston:biggrin:. It so lovely :yahoo:

I have the GG plus Boston in Brown Monogram and I've just noticed peeling on one of the handles. It's not quite two years old and used in rotation as opposed to all the time. Has anyone experienced the same and, if so, will/did Gucci do anything about it?

I have to say I am pretty disappointed!

I have the GG plus Boston in Brown Monogram and I've just noticed peeling on one of the handles. It's not quite two years old and used in rotation as opposed to all the time. Has anyone experienced the same and, if so, will/did Gucci do anything about it?

I have to say I am pretty disappointed!

Bring it back into the Boutique and have them evaluate it - it's most likely sealant issues when the handles rub together. They should be able to replace the handles or fix the sealant. I have both the regular brown and patent brown gg canvas bostons and so far, they've been in great condition.

Just an update to say that AS rang me first thing this morning and my Boston is ready for collection after it's handle repair and all FOC. Great customer service and a very quick turnaround too!