gucci jordaan sizing - need advice!

Taschenliebe

Feb 4, 2017
hey guys,
i have a problem and i hope you can help me!

2 weeks ago i just bought my very first designer shoes! the gucci jordaan loafer.
normally I'm size 36-37, so the SA told to go one size down. so i bought then the size 36, altough the heel was very sloppy. the SA told me to put an insole in when its too big, but she wouldnt recommend to size down because when the foot swell they wouldnt fit anymore.
I tried it at home again and again and recognized, that my heel slide completely out (you know what i mean? dont know how to say it in english :biggrin:)! it was very very sloppy!
so today I went to the shop and sized down to size 35.5. it sounds reeeeally small. i tried it and it fitted perfectly with the nylon socks on they have in the shop.
but now at home i tried them without socks and its very very hard to get into the shoes!
the length is now okay (without swollen foot lol) but i have hard times to get into the shoe...

edit: and maybe the toe part is putting a little pressure on my big and my little toe. but the length would be okay.

maybe you can give me an advice what i should do if i should go a half size up again and wear it with insoles, or will the shoe set/stretches a bit? do you have also issues to put the shoe on?

Last edited:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
In case others are wondering. My Jordaans fit TTS as do all my newer Gucci shoes apart from my Dionysus boots (with which I've sized up a whole size). I am mostly a 38.5 and that's the size of all my new shoes for the past couple of years.

I'm presuming you tried all sorts of socks with the 36 which you returned.

If you normally wear thicker socks and need to wear them straight away take them to Gucci to get them stretched, this is very normal in Italian shoe stores. The length must fit first and the width slightly adjusted to suit.

Otherwise, just wear them with the thinner socks. I don't know where you are in the World but here we're coming up to Spring/Summer.

Don't forget leather loafers always 'give' over time, so maybe start wearing with thinner socks and once they've broken in you can change your socks.

Taschenliebe

Feb 4, 2017
In case others are wondering. My Jordaans fit TTS as do all my newer Gucci shoes apart from my Dionysus boots (with which I've sized up a whole size). I am mostly a 38.5 and that's the size of all my new shoes for the past couple of years.

I'm presuming you tried all sorts of socks with the 36 which you returned.

If you normally wear thicker socks and need to wear them straight away take them to Gucci to get them stretched, this is very normal in Italian shoe stores. The length must fit first and the width slightly adjusted to suit.

Otherwise, just wear them with the thinner socks. I don't know where you are in the World but here we're coming up to Spring/Summer.

Don't forget leather loafers always 'give' over time, so maybe start wearing with thinner socks and once they've broken in you can change your socks.
thanks for sharing your opinion!
no, I haven't tried all sorts of socks on. when I was in the store they gave me the thin nylon socks to try.
i usually would wear them without socks or with the thin nylon socks, but because of 'hygienic' reasons I don't wanted to try it in the store without socks.
I'm getting very insecure when people say they have true size, and i went 1.5 sizes down. the shoe is very long. as I said, the length in the heel area is okay, its not too narrow, i have a tiny space in the heel left! but the toe part is a little bit narrow and put a pressure on my toes. when they are going to loosen a bit then its okay. the SA haven't told me that gucci would stretch the shoe. I don't feel good adviced by her :sad: thats why I'm so insecure also. first she said I should wear insoles when its sloppy (even before I bought them first time), then she said its not okay when the heel slips. the whole time she said that the 0.5 size down wouldnt fit anymore when the foot will swell, especially in summer time. but for me its also not normal when the whole heel gets out of the shoe when you take a step!

Last edited:

Shoesplease

Aug 20, 2012
thanks for sharing your opinion!
no, I haven't tried all sorts of socks on. when I was in the store they gave me the thin nylon socks to try.
i usually would wear them without socks or with the thin nylon socks, but because of 'hygienic' reasons I don't wanted to try it in the store without socks.
I'm getting very insecure when people say they have true size, and i went 1.5 sizes down. the shoe is very long. as I said, the length in the heel area is okay, its not too narrow, i have a tiny space in the heel left! but the toe part is a little bit narrow and put a pressure on my toes. when they are going to loosen a bit then its okay. the SA haven't told me that gucci would stretch the shoe. I don't feel good adviced by her :sad: thats why I'm so insecure also. first she said I should wear insoles when its sloppy (even before I bought them first time), then she said its not okay when the heel slips. the whole time she said that the 0.5 size down wouldnt fit anymore when the foot will swell, especially in summer time. but for me its also not normal when the whole heel gets out of the shoe when you take a step!
Hey! Can you please update us on what size you ended up keeping and how the loafers fit now?
I bought my first pair of Gucci Jordaan loafers and am having the same kind of size doubts as you! Although I am a size 6, my feet are a bit wider so I normally buy 6.5. In the store today the 6.5 slipped off my heel with each step and looked big So I bought the size 6 which felt like it fit. Now this evening I could barely get my foot in and I can't imagine walking around in these all day and my feet swelling up in the spring/summer. I don't know if I should keep the 6 or exchange them for 6.5?