Gucci Horsebit 1955 wallet with chain- two versions?

ifahima

Sep 20, 2019
Hope everyone is well!
I really want to buy this wallet-on-chain but I'm confused why the interior is not the same everywhere. The gucci and selfridges website have the same version, but harrods has a different version. Is this normal?

20201114_003605.jpg20201114_003622.jpg20201114_003553.jpg

I think the Harrods one is a mistake and of a sample or different WOC.

There's a cutout (or mirror) suggests it's not even the same wallet as the one shown with the model on the same site. Gucci can seem confusing, I noticed there are sometimes different models/sizes from the same range with the similar titles, the black leather 1955 WOC below is a similar price but 23cm (4cm longer than the one you want) and is very different again. So possibly 3 versions or 2 versions and a prototype that never went into production (or for the future).

So my opinion is, Harrods have made the image equivalent of a typo. I've never had much luck talking intricacies with Harrods CS so if you bring it up I doubt you'll get much joy. If you want to be sure, buy from Gucci, if there is the possibility of it working out cheaper from Harrods (tax/exchange rate etc) then you'll have to take a chance as to which version you'll get.

Retailers should get their house in order. This is the kind of thing that's easy enough to clarify in-store but digitally, it's a nightmare for the customer trying to make an informed decision.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 10.13.57.pngScreenshot 2020-11-14 at 10.14.14.png

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 10.25.00.png

Reactions: ifahima
  • Love
Reactions: papertiger
It would be great if this WOC did actually come in something a bit bigger, like the marmont woc. I wonder how they made this mistake because the outward designs look the same, but interior different.

People taking pics could be in several different places and/or often not all at once i.e. model/long shots v product closeups. For example, all full-length shots will require one background, lighting, camera lens, etc and then complete change to close-ups, either on a green-out or transparent/white table/stand or hung by nylon, different lighting, camera/lens etc. Models can be on site or put in afterwards, but they have to make it look as natural as possible through specific lighting. The shoots happen over long periods, taking pics of many seasonally new items from many different brands, mostly with no specific brand reps on site(s). When taking stock pics, each product relies on meticulous labelling, packing and placing next to labels. If the stylist is not on the ball or makes a mistake this is the kind of thing that happens.

Farfetch did Harrods website, I'm not sure if I like it, seems really complicated to me.

People taking pics could be in several different places and/or often not all at once i.e. model/long shots v product closeups. For example, all full-length shots will require one background, lighting, camera lens, etc and then complete change to close-ups, either on a green-out or transparent/white table/stand or hung by nylon, different lighting, camera/lens etc. Models can be on site or put in afterwards, but they have to make it look as natural as possible through specific lighting. The shoots happen over long periods, taking pics of many seasonally new items from many different brands, mostly with no specific brand reps on site(s). When taking stock pics, each product relies on meticulous labelling, packing and placing next to labels. If the stylist is not on the ball or makes a mistake this is the kind of thing that happens.

Farfetch did Harrods website, I'm not sure if I like it, seems really complicated to me.

Once again, thank you for such an informative reply :smile:

Reactions: papertiger