Gucci has website glitch and will not honor pricing

komongroup

Feb 21, 2019
Yesterday, Feb 20, I went on to Gucci's website and found that the bag I was looking for, the Soho Disco Bag, was for sale for $300. I proceeded to make a purchase and received confirmation not long after.

When I went back on to the site, Gucci had gone offline for a couple hours.

Several hours later I received an email stating that due to an "administrative processing error" my order was cancelled.

When I went back to the site the bag is now $1190. I called the websites customer service only to be told that Gucci put a stipulation in their agreement that says they do not have to honor a price.

I am not sure how that works. Do they not have to follow state business laws? Specifically NYS GBL 349 and 350, which protect consumers from companies falsely advertising products or creating deceptive business practices.

Did anyone else experience this and have an order cancelled?

Yesterday, Feb 20, I went on to Gucci's website and found that the bag I was looking for, the Soho Disco Bag, was for sale for $300. I proceeded to make a purchase and received confirmation not long after.

Several hours later I received an email stating that due to an "administrative processing error" my order was cancelled.

When I went back to the site the bag is now $1190. I called the websites customer service only to be told that Gucci put a stipulation in their agreement that says they do not have to honor a price.

I am not sure how that works. Do they not have to follow state business laws? Specifically NYS GBL 349 and 350, which protect consumers from companies falsely advertising products or creating deceptive business practices.

That clause on their website has them covered. To be honest when something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Oh boy, I understand that it must have been frustrating when you thought you got a great deal. How fun it would have been if they hadn’t noticed their mistake. Yes, it would have been too good to be true... One can just hope that they would introduce sales again.

I am editing my post because when I re-think this, can one really feel good if one gets away with a ‘steal’. Even in a grocery store or equal, I couldn’t be quiet if I noticed a sales person making a mistake for my benefit. Honesty is the best policy.

Last edited:
Reactions: rosiier
Even back when discos were on sale they would never drop to $300...like come on!

I think you knew it was an error on their part and thought you'd get lucky. Not your fault on purchasing but you sound kind of entitled and greedy to demand a brand new disco for $300. And referencing the law and posting about this on the internet for help, shows my point.

You can probably get a good fake for $300 but the real thing will cost more. It's Gucci, bags are expensive. :lol:

Sorry you didn’t get the deal you thought you had but I think at the back of your mind you knew it was too good to be true. Since they have a clause on their website for this, I don’t think you’re going to be able to win this one. You could always get a different colored disco that makes it to the outlets

It is quite common for retailers to cancel orders that were made because of price glitches. Sometimes they can honour them (usually cheaper items) but most often, they will get cancelled sadly!