Gucci Hardware

Roy2000

Jan 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I’m hoping you can help me. I want to purchase the GG surpreme key pouch, but I don’t love the gold chain . This would be my first Gucci purchase . Do you know how often they change the hardware from gold to silver ? Does it seem to rotate each season ?

Also, for anyone who has a piece like that, does the gold or silver tarnish look worse as it ages ?

No they wouldn't change it.

Yes, it does change from season to season or year to year depending on which line one's thinking of buying.

Never known to tarnish although my Boule Crest went a bit misty under the perspex on a wallet

No they wouldn't change it.

Yes, it does change from season to season or year to year depending on which line one's thinking of buying.

Never known to tarnish although my Boule Crest went a bit misty under the perspex on a wallet
Thank you for your response . I would like to buy the key pouch. Would you happen to know if the hardware changes seasonally or yearly?

+1

A line like the Ophidia or Marmont has only ever had the one color HW. Most of the men’s pieces I have seen have been SHW.

They don't usually change the hardware on a single line, it has to be a new model. For example I should think the Marmonts will always have ghw, the only bag I have with both silver and (light) ghw is the Bamboo TH.

Gucci used to make a point of doing light-gold hw. It was designed so that it could please both gold and silver lovers.