Gucci Goodness - An Instant Reveal!

In*LVoe*

Apr 6, 2010
Before we start, I have to confess that I'm usually in the LV forums, but I also have a gorgeous Gucci collection and lately I've been finding myself here as well :smile:

So, there was a Gucci bag in particular that I was completely in love with this season, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much. In part because I've been saving for some LV. To my surprise, it was just marked down on sale!! I thought this was only at Gucci online, and I didn't even know about the sale at Holts, but I'm so glad I went there first! Anyway, before I could even think, I was walking out the store with two hot pink shopping bags in my arms. The colors, the material, the design...I'm so in love it's ridiculous!!

My question to all of you is - should I keep them? They were both marked down 40%, so I paid $2,300 plus taxes. Originally they retail for $1,920 a piece. I didn't use credit so that's not an issue, but I did use my LV fund so I'm kind of torn. I have until tonight to decide because they only have a 24 hour return policy on sale pieces. I'm thinking...you have to take advantage of a sale and the LV bags aren't going anywhere? But then again $2,300 is also a lot of money. Please give me your input!!

Here they are, enjoy! And thanks for letting me share :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_6540.jpg
    IMG_6540.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_6538.jpg
    IMG_6538.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_6537.jpg
    IMG_6537.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_6533.jpg
    IMG_6533.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Well, did you have something particular in mind from LV or were you just saving until something caught your eye?

I'm normally a LV die hard too but have definitely been gravitating to Gucci lately.

IMO I'd keep the brown one and return the other. No particular reason...I just prefer the brown. Then, you have the best of both worlds - a lovely Gucci and funds to put towards LV.

I've been saving for the Empreinte Tote and Artsy...so this was the money that was meant to fund one of the two. My Chanel flap fund is still intact so that's a relief :smile:

Do you like the one with the belt across, or the flap? The photographs didn't really capture the colors too well, but the one with the belt across is purple and the one with the flap is a red. They are both fashion pieces I think, and the red one is great for travel. Do you think these are something I'd get bored of quickly?

Thanks for the advice :smile:

I would keep the tote one ( shorter handle, second picture). I love the shape. I think if you return one and keep one, thereofore, you can enjoy Gucci and same time not feel guilty spending too much of LV fund. Best luck of Empreinte Artsy. It is worth every penny.

Last edited:
Nice choices! I have been drooling over that purple bag so I vote for that one. For the price, if you can keep both, do it since they aren't going to be on sale (or possibly even around) forever and the LVs you want will be and are not going on sale, so you can start your LV fund again. Good luck!

Ah, I love the one with the belt...IMO that style is much more versatile than the flap one. I think you might regret two suede bags but that's just my two cents.

It's a nice problem to have he he

I say keep the red 1973 Top Handle and the Bordeaux GG Running med Hobo - Gucci may never have a sale again!

Nice choices! I have been drooling over that purple bag so I vote for that one. For the price, if you can keep both, do it since they aren't going to be on sale (or possibly even around) forever and the LVs you want will be and are not going on sale, so you can start your LV fund again. Good luck!

If it wasn't suede it would be the perfect bag for you Beenie :yes:

I would keep the tote one ( shorter handle, second picture). I love the shape. I think if you return one and keep one, thereofore, you can enjoy Gucci and same time not feel guilty spending too much of LV fund. Best luck of Empreinte Artsy. It is worth every penny.

I thought about keeping one but then I couldn't decide between which one. The pictures aren't doing these bags justice, they're just so pretty! The Artsy is TDF, but I don't even know when they'll get it at my boutique. I've been on the list since last month and no news yet :sad:

Thanks! I used to see the purple bag every time I went in to Gucci and absolutely love it...it just always caught my eye and I couldn't stop staring. I can keep both, but then my LV will have to wait a few months.

Ah, I love the one with the belt...IMO that style is much more versatile than the flap one. I think you might regret two suede bags but that's just my two cents.

I think I might regret two suede bags too. It's just almost impossible for me to decide between the two if I were to keep only one. Sigh...

It's a nice problem to have he he

I say keep the red 1973 Top Handle and the Bordeaux GG Running med Hobo - Gucci may never have a sale again!

Haha I like the way you think :smile:

Yeah...I am so supposed to be on a ban. I ordered two bags from Gucci last week but found myself saying 'I'll take it' to a Large Sukey with redish trim. The prices at Holt were less than the sale prices at Gucci. Wish I'd waited actually but that's life.