Gucci GG Jacquard Scarf - care tag removal?

alison_elle

Dec 25, 2010
This is a bit of a weird question, but I recently got one of the GG logo jacquard scarves. The SA told me that you need to remove the care tag before you wear it but I can't figure out how! If you pull on the tag a bit to remove the thread holding it in the place, it creates awful pulls in the scarf. They wouldn't remove the tag for me in-store either. Is this something I can do myself or do I need to go to the tailor?

The scarf looks like this (for reference):

gucci-graphite-gg-jacquard-pattern-knit-scarf-gray-product-0-889192639-normal.jpeg

I don't have this particular scarf but I have similar. I don't cut or unpick the care labels even though the labels are inconvenient.

Usually, if a care tag should be removed it is held on by just a few threads. If yours is I would take it back to Gucci and ask them to do it. If you or a tailor damage the scarf by taking the label off you won't have any recourse to have it fixed for free.

I don't have this particular scarf but I have similar. I don't cut or unpick the care labels even though the labels are inconvenient.

Usually, if a care tag should be removed it is held on by just a few threads. If yours is I would take it back to Gucci and ask them to do it. If you or a tailor damage the scarf by taking the label off you won't have any recourse to have it fixed for free.

They wouldn't remove the tag for me at Gucci when I asked them to which is why this is so frustrating! I have no idea how to remove it myself without pulling the scarf... I think I may just keep the care label on.

This is a bit of a weird question, but I recently got one of the GG logo jacquard scarves. The SA told me that you need to remove the care tag before you wear it but I can't figure out how! If you pull on the tag a bit to remove the thread holding it in the place, it creates awful pulls in the scarf. They wouldn't remove the tag for me in-store either. Is this something I can do myself or do I need to go to the tailor?

The scarf looks like this (for reference):

gucci-graphite-gg-jacquard-pattern-knit-scarf-gray-product-0-889192639-normal.jpeg
I have this same scarf and did not remove any labels. I have some Burberry scarves as well and never take the labels off. When I wear them I just try to tuck them under so they don't show. I'm to afraid of making holes. Enjoy your scarf its a beauty!

Yes, I would leave the label on. If it drives you crazy, though, a seam ripper would do the trick. Just use it slowly, thread by thread. Designer scarves seem to have tags connected by only a few threads. Cheap scarves have very well-sewn on tags. Those are the ones I take off, and it's more difficult to do so, but much a much better look, if the scarf is inexpensive.

Reactions: alison_elle
Thanks everyone! The SA made it seem like I had to remove the care tag but I've decided to just leave it on :biggrin:
I have a similar scarf and sometimes the tag is annoying but I try and tuck it under the scarf so it doesn't show.....I don't remove the tags on my Gucci or LV scarves....I don't know how it would affect the resale value of the scarf without the tag.....

Reactions: alison_elle
I jus bought a Gucci scarf TODAY. I saw the snag but thought it would go away when I cut off the label. Not sure what I was thing. Thought maybe it was a superficial stitch to keep tag on. Big mistake. Store can’t help. Not sure I’ll buy from Gucci again. So disappointed.

I jus bought a Gucci scarf TODAY. I saw the snag but thought it would go away when I cut off the label. Not sure what I was thing. Thought maybe it was a superficial stitch to keep tag on. Big mistake. Store can’t help. Not sure I’ll buy from Gucci again. So disappointed.

A snag is a fault, the second you saw it it would would have been wise to report it with a pic, even you didn't have time to take it back then and there.

Once you cut off the label it's kinda difficult to prove you didn't create the snag.