gucci flora at the outlets...

lucretias

I am the one that I want!
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
was at the gucci outlet outside annapolis today and saw several white gucci flora. The sales person said they had been specially made for the outlets. I thought this patern had been discontinued. Does anybody know was it reissued or is it now being exclusively used in the outlets? TIA!:biggrin:

I'm not sure if the Flora print is being produced just for the outlets.

Of the items I have seen on-line and on the outlet thread on this forum they all seem to date from S/S 2006, Frida Giannini's first collection inspired by memories of her mother's Gucci Flora scarf as a child.

This pattern is classic Gucci and though it may be 'discontinued' for a while like most 'icons' or styles I'm might be used again in the future.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

I have the GUCCI FLORA CANVAS CHARMY and like PT said it is clasic and very elegant..
It is also different and fun to carry in spring or summer..

I know mine was not an Outlet bag but I have noticed that sever have gone to the Outlet but I agree with PT I do not think these were made just for the Outlet because I have seen serveral different times of the Flora and they have been around for sometime..

Here she is..

attachment.php

Attachments

• user215093_pic58110_1274706731[1].jpg
    user215093_pic58110_1274706731[1].jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,403
I have the GUCCI FLORA CANVAS CHARMY and like PT said it is clasic and very elegant..
It is also different and fun to carry in spring or summer..

I know mine was not an Outlet bag but I have noticed that sever have gone to the Outlet but I agree with PT I do not think these were made just for the Outlet because I have seen serveral different times of the Flora and they have been around for sometime..

Here she is..

attachment.php

I am always very happy and very sad when I see that beauty ^ CA because I really really want one for the summer - and I don't usually like prints/patterns/florals/pictures on bags :pout:

If anyone is reading this and has been to the Gucci outlet at Bicester Village UK please tell me if you have seen any Flora print bags there as they never ever answer the phone :flowers:

I am always very happy and very sad when I see that beauty ^ CA because I really really want one for the summer - and I don't usually like prints/patterns/florals/pictures on bags :pout:

If anyone is reading this and has been to the Gucci outlet at Bicester Village UK please tell me if you have seen any Flora print bags there as they never ever answer the phone :flowers:

Thank you PT... I took a chance with this one, because it is not my norm either but I new Gucci would do it with a classic feel... There is so much detail...

i have black gucci horsebit hobo that I adore, but got it a few years back so was suprised to see it at the outlets and suprised when the SA said they are being made exclusively for the outlets as their regular stock sells out too fast to make it to the outlet.

i have black gucci horsebit hobo that I adore, but got it a few years back so was suprised to see it at the outlets and suprised when the SA said they are being made exclusively for the outlets as their regular stock sells out too fast to make it to the outlet.
'

I can see Gucci making some casual canvas GG bags for the outlets, they sell well, and maybe they had lots of Flora print left over but the Flora bags like CA's are not easy to produce, just think how many different colour dyes they have to layer and then line-up the floral pattern etc.

I wouldn't like to think the SA is getting a bit mixed-up but I have heard some very stupid mistakes, 'un-truths' and weird excuses from Gucci SAs and Gucci CS (in fact they would make an interesting thread on their own). My guess is he got the facts right and the bags wrong or felt the need to say 'something' in response to your question.

Obviously, I don't work for Gucci and the SA does, but honey they ain't all naturals in the job :sunnies

'

I can see Gucci making some casual canvas GG bags for the outlets, they sell well, and maybe they had lots of Flora print left over but the Flora bags like CA's are not easy to produce, just think how many different colour dyes they have to layer and then line-up the floral pattern etc.

I wouldn't like to think the SA is getting a bit mixed-up but I have heard some very stupid mistakes, 'un-truths' and weird excuses from Gucci SAs and Gucci CS (in fact they would make an interesting thread on their own). My guess is he got the facts right and the bags wrong or felt the need to say 'something' in response to your question.

Obviously, I don't work for Gucci and the SA does, but honey they ain't all naturals in the job :sunnies

I totally agree with PT it would be very odd that a bag witht he amount of detail which create a major amount a work would be a Made for Outlet bag.. I have a good amount of experiance with Outlet bags given that Coach is a brand I purchase often and the are the Kings of MFF (Made for Factory) and those bags are alway simple and with much less detail...

'

hmm, well the ones I saw were made with the flora material but were tote bags, so I don't know. I think the SA may have been confused/uncertain so that's why I thought would ask the forum. They also had pillows made out of the gucci flora material for sale.

I have this bag in the black floral.
http://luxury.malleries.com/authentic-gucci-horsebit-floral-botanical-hobo-bag-i-26505-s-262.html

the totes I saw were made from the white floral material shown in the link

Last edited: