GUCCI Fashion Jewelry? Your thoughts?

K21

O.G.
Jul 16, 2008
Dear TPF ers!

As I was looking at Gucci stores this weekend, I have noticed their fashion jewelries were eye catching.

Whats your thought on their earrings, rings, necklaces and bracelets?
Are they too bold/flashy/etc to wear? Wasn't sure!!

examples below:
upload_2017-3-20_15-25-30.pngupload_2017-3-20_15-26-4.pngupload_2017-3-20_15-26-39.png

That's a very good question! My SM says that "fashion jewellery is very popular" (I guess that means it sells well). I like the look of those animalier and crystal earrings (above) and would happily wear (if they were comfortable).

The aesthetic is flashy, it's supposed to be flashy that's why the clashing colours and the (mostly) large sizes. I don't find them any more opulent than say Chanel or Dior in many ways, perhaps more irreverent and fun.

If you like more classic, quiet pieces maybe look at some of the smaller real silver or gold jewellery that Gucci do so well. They're made in Florance (Gucci's birthplace) and are amazing quality, materials and workmanship. You'll find they are not that much more (comparatively) than th costume.

Some RTW already has similar 'jewels' on anyway like my Animalier hats from AW and a dress and bejewelled tie from last years Cruise/Resort. These can be worn like jewellery so if you like the themes and size of statement but don't want to wear as 'bling' it can be done with scarves and belts and other a_ccessories.

Reactions: dotty8 and K21
That's a very good question! My SM says that "fashion jewellery is very popular" (I guess that means it sells well). I like the look of those animalier and crystal earrings (above) and would happily wear (if they were comfortable).

The aesthetic is flashy, it's supposed to be flashy that's why the clashing colours and the (mostly) large sizes. I don't find them any more opulent than say Chanel or Dior in many ways, perhaps more irreverent and fun.

If you like more classic, quiet pieces maybe look at some of the smaller real silver or gold jewellery that Gucci do so well. They're made in Florance (Gucci's birthplace) and are amazing quality, materials and workmanship. You'll find they are not that much more (comparatively) than th costume.

Some RTW already has similar 'jewels' on anyway like my Animalier hats from AW and a dress and bejewelled tie from last years Cruise/Resort. These can be worn like jewellery so if you like the themes and size of statement but don't want to wear as 'bling' it can be done with scarves and belts and other a_ccessories.
Thank you for sharing ur thoughts!

I'm not a fan of costume jewelry in general but I think these pieces are a lot of fun. I just think branded costume jewelry costs too much. For those prices I'd rather add a little and buy fine jewelry

To that point, I just bought my first piece of fine Gucci jewelry and am afraid I'm going to be hooked. I like the craftmanship and the style. So I'd probably prefer to go that route.

Reactions: K21 and papertiger
As compared to fine jewelry, I find fashion jewelry to be flashy. But that is the point of fashion jewelry. In order to stay in the trend, you have to wear a piece that is large enough to be highlighted. The combination of colors help is boosting the visibility.

Reactions: K21 and papertiger
IMO, for the price I would look towards local jewelers or even luxury jewelry houses (Tiffany, Cartier, etc.). Then again it really depends on your style and each company has their own style.

Reactions: K21
I'd just wear it with anything, really. It would look good with a green sweater and jeans. I have the Princetown slippers too, so I'd dress the outfit up with those.

I love costume jewelry mixed with fine jewelry. Some of this is not my style....love it on Alessandro, but not on me! However, the bracelet pictured as well as some of the rings I've seen are definitely pretty.