Gucci Dionysus Wallet on chain (wow) wear and tear

cjw0219

Apr 7, 2012
Hi Gucci lovers. Ive owned my Prada wallet on chain for close to 8 years now and love it. Sometimes its the only bag I ever use since all I need are my cards and key fob. I don't even use the other bags in my collection (Chanel, Hermes, etc) Im looking at the wallet on chain from Gucci Dionysus. I love that it looks like a handbag, fits all my essentials and can be dressed up to go take to a party (whenever we can finally go to those). Most of the time, I go to the grocery store and the soccer field to watch my kids.
Id love to hear from those who have and it for a while to know the durability of the wallet on chain. Im thinking of getting black so it will hide dirt and scuff marks. Does it wear well? Are you happy with the quality?

I purchased the green on from the Gucci website but I wasn't happy with it. I don't like that the chain (silver) is a different color than the buckle (gold). The buckle doesn't look that well made to me. Ill post pictures when I can figure out how to attach it to this post.

Please post pics. I have been looking to purchase this in green as 1. It looks a nice green 2. I’d like to add a green bag to my collection.
I agree that not ideal chain and buckle are different colours but not sure how much it will bother me. I have not seen this bag in person though.

Update. I ended up returning the green bag and got the black one instead. Boring but classic and hides dirt and oil stains better. I went to the short hills mall location on NJ. Made an appointment and saw Eugene. Nicest guy. I like how you can make appointments to make a purchase. Other stores don’t let u do that and there is sometimes a wait to get in the store (trying to limit customers so they can social distance etc).

Reactions: Lurveydovey
Hi cjw0219! Saw your post on the Dionysus WOC and it's very informative :smile: Wanted to ask you if the bag has held up well over the years? I've seen other people feedback that the chain scuffs against the bag, has that happened with yours? Thank you! :smile: