Gucci Dionysus - Black or Taupe Suede detail

Puddles1987

Nov 30, 2014
Hello

I have recently ordered the Dionysus in the GG supreme canvas with black suede accents (medium size) however it is on back order and I expect it to be another 30 days or so for delivery. I have looked at the Dionysus with the Taupe suede accents and I am thinking should I cancel the order for the black and buy the taupe instead.

Does anyone own either or both and which is best? I would like it to go with as much as possible.

thanks in advance.

chloebagfreak

Need Sunny Days
O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
Gorgeous California!
I have the taupe with GG and it is the mini size. I love the color. I know there is a chance it could get dirty or something on it, but I was afraid the black would collect lint. They are both beautiful.
I have a Golden Retriever, so I tend to stay away from most black anything:smile:
Good luck with whichever bag you choose!

Sk29

Apr 1, 2017
I'm dealing with the same problem! I will probably go for the taupe one though, just because I think that the black might be too much of a "pop" together with the logo print. I just love how subtle yet perfect the taupe color is, I cant wait to get my hands on it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xmaac

Feb 26, 2012
I was debating between those two colours as well. I was set on the taupe one when seeing pictures online, but when I went to try the taupe and the black one in store, I fell for the black one! I find that the taupe blended in too much with the canvas, and the black colour gave the bag a pop / made it more attention grabbing.
Up to you whether you want a simple nude bag or one with more of a pop of colour in it

Puddles1987

Nov 30, 2014
Well after deliberating I received my shipping confirmation email from Gucci, so that made my mind up. I have received the black and I absolutely love it. I compared it in real life with the taupe and I much prefer it in black it definitely stands out more. The only problem is I want more dionysus bags now.

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
I have the bag in the black suede. I bought it because I thought it would show less wear than a lighter color.