Gucci delivered empty box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like this happened to my mom but it wasn't from gucci...
my mom ordered a ring online and when she saw the package outside on the door step she was all excited but when she opened it, there was NO RING! She was examining the packaging and she realized that someone had actually opened the package, took the ring, re-sealed it, and left it on our door step. My mom called UPS (i think? or it could have been fed-ex) and they said that the package was signed for. We were thinking that either they lied about it being signed for and just left it on our door step OR that someone must have been near our house and the dilvery person thought they lived here so they let them sign for it.
Maybe this could have happened to your friend. Unless, gucci just messed up.

your ring didnt happen to be from macys did it? same thing happened to me with a ring that I ordered from macy*s. my dad accepted the package and when I came home, I noticed the package was all beat up so I opened it to find an empty ring box!!!!!!

anyways, to the OP, I wouldnt even bother filing a claim with FedEx, I believe that would be Gucci's job anyways. Go straight to your credit card company and have them deal with it.

Maan, this sounds very upsetting. I could understand where both party, your friend and Gucci's frustrations are coming from. I mean it is kinda hard to believe to have mailed something empty, but it is possible unless someone opened the box and resealed it to make it look like it's empty. Sorry to hear this. I hope it all worked out well in the end.

This is a horrible situation. First thing to find out what happened is to examine the situation here, do your friend live in an apartment? This happens often, neighbors opening your packages, taking the items out and resealing the package. This happened to my sister.
Gucci usually requires signature delivery. Your friend should be able to talk to the SA in LV whom she made the order with. If she/he is not willing to solve the matter, call Gucci headquarters, and then she shouted call her credit card company.

Please keep us posted. This is awful. I would be crying my eyes out.

I know if she order it with American Express, American Express insures 100% of what you buy. So if she did pay with AMEX call them and they will talk to Gucci about it. Good Luck

Interesting: The OP has the same thread posted in the Chanel subforum! I am thinking her friend didn't receive any empty boxes from either Gucci or Chanel and is here to yank our chain.

That happened to me with a UPS order from Yoox. It was nearing the holidays and I arrived home to find four packages on my doorstep. Three were from Amazon and the fourth was from Yoox. The Amazon packages were fine. The Yoox package contained an empty Prada Trick keychain box. I filed a PayPal claim, and Yoox contacted me. A day or so later, I got an e-mail from UPS. I had to e-mail them photos of the box and remaining contents. About a week after that, I received a full refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.