GUCCI.com sent me USED merchandise!!

Apr 22, 2016
WARNING: This contains a rant.

I recently ordered a key holder from Gucci’s website and received it today. I was very excited, as I’ve been doing a lot of researching to find the perfect one. Well, my excitement was quickly squashed once I opened the package.

The first thing I noticed was that the Gucci box was all marked up. “Oh well,” I thought, “it’s just the box; doesn’t matter.” Open the box…..my key holder is in some plastic baggy - no more dust bags?!? “Ok, not terrible.”

I rescue the key holder from its suffocating bag and what do I see? All sorts of scuffs on the front, back, and bottom. AND some of the leather has peeled off at the corners. The care booklet is also not crisply folded, it’s been mashed up and tried to be put back together. No question, this has been USED and RETURNED!!!!!!!

Is nothing sacred anymore????? Why would GUCCI even accept an item returned in that condition and then have the nerve to sell it? I went to a boutique last weekend to get one in person but, of course, they don’t sell them in store. The only way to get it is by ordering online. GAH!!!!!!!

I’m calling customer service today to express my displeasure. Though I’m not sure what good it will do. They don’t offer free returns but they best be givin’ me one since they shipped me a piece of garbage. BAH!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If anyone else has had a similar experience, please share your story. I’m sure I’m not alone.

This is UNBELIEVABLE!!
Ewwwww, I can't believe they sent that out..I've always been impressed with their packaging, my items always come securely packed in dustbags. My Dionysus bags even had the chains wrapped and taped. So sorry you received it like that but happy they are resolving it for you......
This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I hope it's not an indication of how online orders will be in the future. I was shocked when I opened my package. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what they sent to me. It kind of sours Gucci for me. I hope whoever passed this through QC is let go, they are damaging their brand.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I hope it's not an indication of how online orders will be in the future. I was shocked when I opened my package. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what they sent to me. It kind of sours Gucci for me. I hope whoever passed this through QC is let go, they are damaging their brand.
I've had SEVERAL excellent shopping experiences with Gucci so I'm just so surprised.

I spoke with a very nice customer service rep, explained my issue and they emailed me a prepaid FedEx return label. I am very pleased with their resolution; however, I will think twice before shopping at gucci.com again.
Glad you got it resolved, but the time and aggravation of having to contact them in the first place is a little upsetting.. I don't live anywhere near a Gucci boutique, but I did choose one to shop with over the phone with an amazing SA. I've since purchased 2 pairs of Gucci shoes ( Marmont and Princetown) , a Disco and a Marmont bag. He gives great advice, sends lots of pics, modeling shots, promo info since it's in Saks and Saks double/ triple points events include Gucci purchases, and much more! If you can...research a boutique and phone the store. I got very lucky doing this!

Reactions: MsModernShopper
That looks so grimy! I'm glad they are trying to resolve this. Pure crap can slip through the cracks high end and low end. I bought an LV one time that i bet my life was USED. There was purse "dust" inside and all the metal pieces scratched up. Well for once LV came through and gave me a brand new bag AFTER weeks of emailing pics and correspondence and viewed by who knows how many managers. I finally received a wonderful phone call. The SA even let me keep the crossbody strap from the original bag because it was in better shape than the new one. And this was after 30 days, which everybody knows is a NO GO with LV. You are usually screwed. They did right by me and Gucci will too I believe.

Reactions: MsModernShopper
Glad you got it resolved, but the time and aggravation of having to contact them in the first place is a little upsetting.. I don't live anywhere near a Gucci boutique, but I did choose one to shop with over the phone with an amazing SA. I've since purchased 2 pairs of Gucci shoes ( Marmont and Princetown) , a Disco and a Marmont bag. He gives great advice, sends lots of pics, modeling shots, promo info since it's in Saks and Saks double/ triple points events include Gucci purchases, and much more! If you can...research a boutique and phone the store. I got very lucky doing this!
So glad you found an amazing SA! That makes all the difference. The nearest boutique is an hour away and I did go to the store to check this key holder out in person. None of the SAs even knew the item I was talking about and I had to pull it up on my phone to show them on THEIR OWN website. I was told they don't carry small items like that in store and the only way to get it would be to order online. They offered to order it for me, but I figured there was no difference if I just did it myself. I wonder if they can order it to the store so I can check it out before accepting it? That was not offered to me as an option.

Ah well, there are many more key holder options in this world. I just liked the Gucci pink...

That looks so grimy! I'm glad they are trying to resolve this. Pure crap can slip through the cracks high end and low end. I bought an LV one time that i bet my life was USED. There was purse "dust" inside and all the metal pieces scratched up. Well for once LV came through and gave me a brand new bag AFTER weeks of emailing pics and correspondence and viewed by who knows how many managers. I finally received a wonderful phone call. The SA even let me keep the crossbody strap from the original bag because it was in better shape than the new one. And this was after 30 days, which everybody knows is a NO GO with LV. You are usually screwed. They did right by me and Gucci will too I believe.
Ugh that sounds terrible! I'm glad they eventually did right by you. Any company - especially luxury brands - should just do that right away, I don't understand why they make you jump through hoops to get a decent item when they were in the wrong in the first place.

I once received a Chanel bag (ordered sight unseen) that arrived with 2 very minor scuffs. My SA was so apologetic and my return was processed right away no questions asked.