Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

Hello everyone! Apologies in advance if this is a wrong forum, maybe you can direct me to one.
I sold a GG Marmont bag back in July through Paypal and now 5 months later the buyer claiming “******************” service said it’s fake and wants a refund! Has anyone used them before, how could they claim something is fake when I know it’s not?
What are my rights with PayPal?

I responded to her that the bag is completely authentic as I purchased it directly from Gucci. Also submitted screenshots of credit card statements and gucci.com order confirmation.
Additionally, I had originally listed the bag in Poshmark, but the buyer wanted lower price and proposed to pay directly via PayPal. Huge mistake, I’m probably being scammed now!
what are the chances PayPal will make me refund the buyer?
Unfortunately PayPal allows 6 months for non authentic claims and in 99.9% will take buyers side no matter what proofs you provide. Usually they will require buyer to send the bag back.
Hope you’ll be able to get through this situation

You can't keep what doesn't make your heart pitter-pat.

I have Dionysus, but only on my gold boots and so I keep looking at the bags. I think I am a Dionysus person (as well as a Sylvie and horse-bit and many others LOL) but the specs have not been lining-up together for me all in. one bag. The blue enamel hw models really draw me in but even the python/leather trim version had microfibre and that's a :nono: for me. One day I will find my perfect Dionysus.

I returned an Hermes SLG last week. Colour and design perfect but the leather was not the right type for me. Again, like you, sad and disappointed, but that's online luxury shopping for you.

When you know you know!
Thanks @papertiger! It is bittersweet that you had a similar experience with a Hermes SLG. Luxury online shopping is so so different, I usually go into a store, and get that feeling, and boom its done!!!!

Well onwards we go....

• Love
Reactions: papertiger
hi Guys, i recently purchased from gucci's doraemon collection (chinese new year).
i bought the doraemon belt bag and the doraemon card case.
When i received the package, both of the items were a disappointment!!
The doraemon belt bag's flap was crooked and the card case had dried glue ON doraemon itself :sad:!!!

I ended up rebuying the items from Farfetch because i noticed it was cheaper(less tax) and i get cashback from Chase (hehe).
Both items came in yesterday. The wallet ended up being fine, but the belt bag has some dried glue on the bag. i'm so disappointed with Gucci's quality control T_T. I looked at Farfetch right when I found out to see if it was still available... however they must've sold out because it's not on their site anymore. Gucci still has the bag on their website but I would be paying more :sad:. I called Gucci to see if they have any recommendations on how I could take the glue off, but they recommended I return the bag so it can be replaced with a new one.

What do you guys think i should do? :sad: I attached photos!
Doraemon Belt Bag 1.jpg Doremon Belt Bag 2.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: LVCoffeeAddict
Hi all! Has anyone ever purchased anything from the Gucci DIY Collection? I'm just wondering what's the experience like... I'm interested in getting the Ophidia card case wallet and on the website it says it takes about 14 weeks to ship. I would like to know if it actually takes that long and if it's worth the wait :smile: I've been trying to find reviews but can't seem to find any.

Heyy I need help XD so I’m new I just found out about this forum cuz I’m struggling whether i wanna get a new bag or not. Okay so I bought a new Gucci Ophidia Round bag back in June 2020 from Vestiaire, it’s my first designer bag and I think that’s a pretty good deal (its lower than retail price) . But due to the coronavirus, I don’t have the chance to go out and use it so its still brand new sitting in my wardrobe now. But now I saw the Gucci Mini Marmont Matelasse and I love it !

So im struggling now, should i sell the ophidia bag and get the marmont bag? If i sell the ophidia bag i will probably lose money but i think i love the marmont more cuz its just much more practical because of the size and the design off course. Or should i keep the ophidia and save money to buy the marmont bag? What do you guys think? Do u think ophidia or marmont will be trendy for say 10 years after? I really need some opinions now. Thanks!! xx

Not new to TPF but new to the Gucci forum. I've been looking at the Sukey for a long time and am thinking about finally getting serious. Are there better leather years with the Guccissima leather? TIA!

hi Guys, i recently purchased from gucci's doraemon collection (chinese new year).
i bought the doraemon belt bag and the doraemon card case.
When i received the package, both of the items were a disappointment!!
The doraemon belt bag's flap was crooked and the card case had dried glue ON doraemon itself :sad:!!!

I ended up rebuying the items from Farfetch because i noticed it was cheaper(less tax) and i get cashback from Chase (hehe).
Both items came in yesterday. The wallet ended up being fine, but the belt bag has some dried glue on the bag. i'm so disappointed with Gucci's quality control T_T. I looked at Farfetch right when I found out to see if it was still available... however they must've sold out because it's not on their site anymore. Gucci still has the bag on their website but I would be paying more :sad:. I called Gucci to see if they have any recommendations on how I could take the glue off, but they recommended I return the bag so it can be replaced with a new one.

What do you guys think i should do? :sad: I attached photos!
View attachment 4951731 View attachment 4951732

If the glue really bothers you then I would return the bag and buy it directly from Gucci and just pay the extra money. You'll probably feel better since it seems like the glue bothers you a lot. Honestly I can't really see the glue in the photo and I think the glue is better than any stains, scratches, or frayed stitching.

Hi everyone,
I am considering purchasing a Gucci Bamboo Shopper (2014) and was wondering if anyone has experienced issues with the "rings" that hold the handles. I have a nylon one from the 90's and the rings keep getting undone and will not stay in place.

I attached a picture because I know I'm not going a good job at describing the issue lol.

thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
does anyone here have experience with the sizing of the girls clothing? if you’re super small/petite do the children’s size 12 fit? i’m 5 4’, ~100 pounds for reference. i’ve been able to purchase some lily p children’s size 12 or XL before. thanks in advance

Good morning lovelies!
I am new to the GUCCI forum. :wave:
If you could choose, what would be your choice: buying online or paying the nearby shop a visit?
Before Covid-19 I was not into online shopping. Now, 1 year later, I got soooo accustomed to it. What I love most: that I can mix and match the new item with my wardrobe and see if it feets, if it matchs, take photos, wear it in the evening, in the morning, see how I feel about it the next day ...
OK, that's a lot of strong reasons to by online.

On the other hand I really to like the atmosphere in the shop. The feeling of leaving the doorstep with a big paper bag (or two, hahaha) in my hands.

I want to support the local stores, their shopwindows are stunning. ;) And they provide jobs.
And the shop might lead me to a whole different bag (right now it's the 1955 and 1961)

Vienna has never been more quiet. It is the rare opportunity to get the attention and service I deserve, now that hardly and tourists are around. Usually when the tourists "hit" the city, the atmosphere in the store is like in any store on High Street. Not luxurious at all.

Curious to hear from you!
best wishes and a lovely day!

Hi all! Does anyone know if Gucci will accept repairs of items purchased from authorized third-party retailers such as Farfetch?

I recently purchased a bag from SSENSE and it had some very minor defects, didn't come with a box (but was packaged very well), and came with badly-stitched dust bags compared to my other Gucci dust bags. It was at a lower price and thankfully they provided me with a small partial refund as well. I don't mind it as much since I really like SSENSE's service and the deal was pretty good but I wish I had gotten my bag from the original site or had contacted my SA because the bag would've been more special. :crybaby: