Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

has anyone purchased any handbags from matches.com? Have you had an issues etc?

I did last week. I had issues paying for it. My MasterCard got declined and then was frozen til I spoke to their customer service line. I then used PayPal which didn't look like the order went through on Matches end but I got an email from PayPal starting it paid Matchesfashion. I had to call their 24 hour customer service line. The person who helped was very helpful. He asked me to forward the PayPal email to them and to request cancellation of transaction. Then I reordered my bag and paid with my credit card. It at first declined again but then the second time it went through. However, the customer service rep warned me that there may be issues with their billing department because I'm a new customer and I'm from the states. So he said be prepared in case I need to call talk to their security team just so that they can verify that I am the card holder. An hour later I get an email requesting to call them and yes they asked questions like my name and billing address. They asked me the bank name on the card. I go by my middle name which is what I registered on the Matches site but my legal first name is what's printed on the card. The small Marmont was a great deal compared to the states and I was scared I wouldn't get it. I believe she googled or searched both my names and she concluded that she found two different people with those names associated with my address which is not true. At this point I was so nervous but I offered the security lady to email a copy of my card and drivers license that has both my first and middle name. She put me on hold then she said thank you your order had been dispatched. Finally she believed me! I got my bag in less than a week! It would have been faster but DHL sucked! And they kept giving me wrong information on delivery times then they transferred my package to a different hub and couldn't fix the mistake that day.

I did last week. I had issues paying for it. My MasterCard got declined and then was frozen til I spoke to their customer service line. I then used PayPal which didn't look like the order went through on Matches end but I got an email from PayPal starting it paid Matchesfashion. I had to call their 24 hour customer service line. The person who helped was very helpful. He asked me to forward the PayPal email to them and to request cancellation of transaction. Then I reordered my bag and paid with my credit card. It at first declined again but then the second time it went through. However, the customer service rep warned me that there may be issues with their billing department because I'm a new customer and I'm from the states. So he said be prepared in case I need to call talk to their security team just so that they can verify that I am the card holder. An hour later I get an email requesting to call them and yes they asked questions like my name and billing address. They asked me the bank name on the card. I go by my middle name which is what I registered on the Matches site but my legal first name is what's printed on the card. The small Marmont was a great deal compared to the states and I was scared I wouldn't get it. I believe she googled or searched both my names and she concluded that she found two different people with those names associated with my address which is not true. At this point I was so nervous but I offered the security lady to email a copy of my card and drivers license that has both my first and middle name. She put me on hold then she said thank you your order had been dispatched. Finally she believed me! I got my bag in less than a week! It would have been faster but DHL sucked! And they kept giving me wrong information on delivery times then they transferred my package to a different hub and couldn't fix the mistake that day.
Did you prepay for the duty on this?

I'm a long time lurker but I finally decided to make an account and post, since I found some pictures of a Gucci style floating around on instagram and I can't find it on any Gucci website anywhere. :sad: I can't make a thread since I have insufficient privileges to do so, so I hope people still notice this! I'll insert pictures of the bag here, and I hope somebody can shed a light on whether this is an upcoming release..? :smile:
(I found these on a Korean instagram reseller account, unfortunately I am not Korean so I can't ask the seller what the style is, but I did ask a friend to translate the caption for me and apparently it's just called the "Gucci GG Marmont Shoulder Bag"...)

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.50.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.50.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.50.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.49.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.49.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.49.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.49.16 PM.png

I'm a long time lurker but I finally decided to make an account and post, since I found some pictures of a Gucci style floating around on instagram and I can't find it on any Gucci website anywhere. :sad: I can't make a thread since I have insufficient privileges to do so, so I hope people still notice this! I'll insert pictures of the bag here, and I hope somebody can shed a light on whether this is an upcoming release..? :smile:
(I found these on a Korean instagram reseller account, unfortunately I am not Korean so I can't ask the seller what the style is, but I did ask a friend to translate the caption for me and apparently it's just called the "Gucci GG Marmont Shoulder Bag"...)

View attachment 3849650 View attachment 3849651 View attachment 3849652 View attachment 3849653 View attachment 3849654 View attachment 3849655 View attachment 3849656

I had asked about this bag in a post a few days ago, but for the large and men’s version. This was available in boutiques very briefly 1.5-2 years ago and was promptly shipped to the outlets. It’s only available at the Gucci outlet stores now. Also whatever you do, do not buy from that reseller, the bags are not authentic. Stitching is noticeably off and I have seen the same photos circulating on Chinese social media from sellers selling good replicas. All the best.

I had asked about this bag in a post a few days ago, but for the large and men’s version. This was available in boutiques very briefly 1.5-2 years ago and was promptly shipped to the outlets. It’s only available at the Gucci outlet stores now. Also whatever you do, do not buy from that reseller, the bags are not authentic. Stitching is noticeably off and I have seen the same photos circulating on Chinese social media from sellers selling good replicas. All the best.

Ahh, I see. Thank you for the thorough reply! Much appreciated :heart:

does anyone have experience with the marmont card case? I'm looking to get one but scared that it won't be durable enough since the leather seems so soft; i tend to toss my wallets around esp in larger bags. Debating between this and the Saint Laurent zip cardholder in croc stamp