GUCCI care/cleaning FAQs and Help

Hi everyone,

Attached is what I have purchased from the Gucci outlet a couple of years ago. Except the handles are green. I want to know how I can take care of this purse because the material isn't canvas... The handles are green & glossy it has a few creases.

I have another tote that is canvas material... I bought it almost 6 years ago... I probably only used it about less than 25 times because I'm afraid I'll ruin the material. Should I spray it with apple garde & condition the handles???

does anyone have problem with the tassels as how to keep them straight? i washed the inside of my bag, and now the shape is not firm. any recommendations on how to take care of this bag?

Attachments

• IMG_6495.JPG
    IMG_6495.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_6496.JPG
    IMG_6496.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_6496.JPG
    IMG_6496.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 517
does anyone have problem with the tassels as how to keep them straight? i washed the inside of my bag, and now the shape is not firm. any recommendations on how to take care of this bag?
I’ve always been mindful of how I sit the bag down so the tassels stay smooth and straight. Mine sits on the edge of a shelf when I come home so the tassels hang. For yours I’d try loosely putting rubber bands around them in a couple of places to straighten them. I have another leather bag with tassels and I’ve always stored it that way. I’ve seen on YouTube where people take a hair dryer on low heat to help with leather but I have no personal experience with that.

Off at a tangent.

I recommend people not wash the inside of their bags for best practice, instead turn-out and brush, brush, brush gently instead. Most dirt is from particles and can be got out this way, applying water often makes those particles into something that can stain permanently.

I don't want to be alarmist but in a worse case scenario with some leathers, the lining is protecting the actual leather of the bag. The back (reverse) of most leather bags is actually a lot more porous than the front and will take a long time to dry out and it can harden when it does. If you have sprayed your bags and waterproofed them previously the water will have nowhere to go at all and can make the leather buckle, bubble or disintegrate.

If there's a stain already spot clean only.

hi team - i just got this beaut at a really great price.
very loved but wondering if anyone has experience rescuing/dyeing/etc. this type of material?

XOXO thank you!

Attachments

• gucci.jpg
    gucci.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 259