GUCCI care/cleaning FAQs and Help

I have a light beige Gucci wallet that has been around many bags and continents :smile:, and while I can't do anything about the scratches, I'd like to make it less grimy and 'feed' it. Still, putting a conditioner, even Apple, seems terrifying. Has anyone treated light-colored lambskin with Apple? Will it darken the leather?

A list of safe products for cleaning is #1 of this thread.

Regularly cleaning and feeding your bag will protect your bag without the drying out of the skin that most water repellents do ;)

Only extra needed ingredient is elbow-power :ninja:

I have the vintage web boston bag from the 80s. It's in good condition, but I'd like to clean the web which has becomed soiled after many years of usage. I asked my SA at Gucci, but they could not offer any advice. I understand that it is made of wool and therefore should not be wet. Any suggestions? TIA!

Hi everyone,

Attached is what I have purchased from the Gucci outlet a couple of years ago. Except the handles are green. I want to know how I can take care of this purse because the material isn't canvas... The handles are green & glossy it has a few creases.

I have another tote that is canvas material... I bought it almost 6 years ago... I probably only used it about less than 25 times because I'm afraid I'll ruin the material. Should I spray it with apple garde & condition the handles???

Attachments

• BGV0EBS_mx.jpg
    BGV0EBS_mx.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,694
Hi everyone. I recently bought a lovely dark green suede bag with a bamboo handle. Can anyone suggest the best way to store it? I have seen lots of suede bags where the bamboo handle has left imprints in the suede over time and I really don't want that to happen to mine! I currently have it stuffed with cloth and stored in a pillow case with part of the pillow case wrapped around the handle. Any suggestions for dealing with the bamboo to keep it away from the bag? I wondered if bubble wrap might help, but am unsure if it will damage the bag, being plastic.

Hello! I have some bags in beige/ebony GG Canvas with brown leather details. The suture on the brown leather has a contrast suture in white/nature. If I use a neutral conditioner cream on the brown leather regulary, will the white suture get darker with time?

Everyone, some tips on cleaning the interior of a 90's bag where the lining has become 'sticky':

I recently bought a bag with a superb exterior but the interior was awful! The coating on the lining was cracked and tacky and came off on your hands like printers ink.

I brushed the worst of it off with a little wire suede brush and then rubbed it with liberal amounts of methylated spirits on a cloth to dissolve the residue. It took a lot of method and cloths and I used several pairs of disposable gloves, but the inside is now tidy and clean! I had to go over it a few times before it was good enough, and also clean the zipper pulls and zipper teeth, but I'm thrilled with the result. It's a stunning bag now, all that for $128 plus meths! 😊

Hope this can be helpful to other Gucciphiles...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382659556.911195.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1382659580.256081.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1382659592.890646.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1382659609.932211.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1382659624.428678.jpg

Hi everyone. I recently bought a lovely dark green suede bag with a bamboo handle. Can anyone suggest the best way to store it? I have seen lots of suede bags where the bamboo handle has left imprints in the suede over time and I really don't want that to happen to mine! I currently have it stuffed with cloth and stored in a pillow case with part of the pillow case wrapped around the handle. Any suggestions for dealing with the bamboo to keep it away from the bag? I wondered if bubble wrap might help, but am unsure if it will damage the bag, being plastic.

I have similar in a basket shape. I tie mine with a ribbon in an up-right position *as though carrying it. It;s vaguely how gucci store BTH and BTH totes for storage in transit. This also ensures less stress on the handles and joins.

Hello! I have some bags in beige/ebony GG Canvas with brown leather details. The suture on the brown leather has a contrast suture in white/nature. If I use a neutral conditioner cream on the brown leather regulary, will the white suture get darker with time?

It will, but it tends to darken over time naturally anyway, more important is that the cream has no ingredients that can gradually actually weaken the stitches.

Everyone, some tips on cleaning the interior of a 90's bag where the lining has become 'sticky':

I recently bought a bag with a superb exterior but the interior was awful! The coating on the lining was cracked and tacky and came off on your hands like printers ink.

I brushed the worst of it off with a little wire suede brush and then rubbed it with liberal amounts of methylated spirits on a cloth to dissolve the residue. It took a lot of method and cloths and I used several pairs of disposable gloves, but the inside is now tidy and clean! I had to go over it a few times before it was good enough, and also clean the zipper pulls and zipper teeth, but I'm thrilled with the result. It's a stunning bag now, all that for $128 plus meths! ��

Hope this can be helpful to other Gucciphiles...

View attachment 2376613View attachment 2376614View attachment 2376615View attachment 2376616View attachment 2376617

Good job! Even without meths, the insides will clean up if the inside isn't too sticky.