Gucci, Cannes, & Salma Hayek

MamaSleepy

May 3, 2017
So.... this is what Salma Hayek decided to wear to Cannes. Gucci top, bottom, retro sunglasses, and bag. I didn't recognize her; I had to read the caption to I.D. She's such a beautiful woman but, IMO, she's not her best in this outfit. salma_hayek.jpg
What do you think?
"The ready-to-wear pink “Romaine” print silk shirt costs $2,890 while the matching bottoms — which feature baskets of flowers, harps and other musical instruments — cost $1,400. Gucci kicked up the button-down top a notch by adding pearls to its lapels and cuffs." - Page Six

Reactions: TIFFANI251
So.... this is what Salma Hayek decided to wear to Cannes. Gucci top, bottom, retro sunglasses, and bag. I didn't recognize her; I had to read the caption to I.D. She's such a beautiful woman but, IMO, she's not her best in this outfit. View attachment 3707600
What do you think?
"The ready-to-wear pink “Romaine” print silk shirt costs $2,890 while the matching bottoms — which feature baskets of flowers, harps and other musical instruments — cost $1,400. Gucci kicked up the button-down top a notch by adding pearls to its lapels and cuffs." - Page Six
Keep in mind she did not pay for any of it!

Selma is basically a walking advert for Kering since she married into 'the family'.

Selma is such a beautiful woman and I'm glad she likes to promote Gucci and I guess Gucci is having a very visible moment right now. However I'm not sure Gucci's RTW current aesthetic and Selma are a match made in heaven. Sometimes Gucci make her bespoke one-offs that fit her curves and make her look fabulous but these look like dept store kids PJs on her (and not the elegant and sophisticated deco-style lounge wear that could work) it's not even a good colour on her. But hey, it's a dangerous thing to be free to choose from limitless options.

Selma is basically a walking advert for Kering since she married into 'the family'.

Selma is such a beautiful woman and I'm glad she likes to promote Gucci and I guess Gucci is having a very visible moment right now. However I'm not sure Gucci's RTW current aesthetic and Selma are a match made in heaven. Sometimes Gucci make her bespoke one-offs that fit her curves and make her look fabulous but these look like dept store kids PJs on her (and not the elegant and sophisticated deco-style lounge wear that could work) it's not even a good colour on her. But hey, it's a dangerous thing to be free to choose from limitless options.
I have to chuckle. Think we all have basically the same opinion but have chosen to be "nice" in our comments. Even the "I don't like it" comments are polite!
Refreshingly considerate in this day and age.

That outfit is a Don't no matter how much it cost. It looks like pjs or loungewear, it makes her look frumpy, and the color does nothing for.her. All that said, I would love to see her closet!

Reactions: MamaSleepy