GUCCI? BURBERRY? Is anyone a fan?

vivi4581

Mar 17, 2006
Haven't seen any forum about any of these labels here. But I just love Burberry cos it stands abuse. haha But it doesn't look that lux. But I'm starting to like Gucci these days. I suppose it depends on what clothes you wear? Argh..I'm making excuse cos I just bought a Gucci Borsa Cupid bag and it's not even on the internet or on its website. I'm starting to wonder whether it's a left over or limited edition:amazed:

The classic Burberry bags are nice but I'm not a big fan of the vinyl checkered pattern. The material seems cheap to me although it is quite durable.

I used to love everything Gucci...until my beloved Gucci bag (that I purchased at the boutique) started falling apart!! Since then I have been weary of their durability (on fabric items). However, the new Guccissima bags are hot!!!!

There you go... When I look at the picture. I suddenly feel that there's nothing special about it. Argh. I was buying a key holder when I spotted it and it was too cheap and it looked cute. But I just realised how small it is. Haha. That's okay. It's an investment for my daughter when I have one one day..l.:P

Attachments

• Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 182
It depends on what kind of bags you buy.. My Dior's strap comes out but it was probably because I kept putting too many things and it has such a thin strap. I Don't like Burberry pink or blues. But I'm a big fan of Burberry classic. Anything brown is my love. Bags will eventually fall apart, I think! I stained my LV's strap so I'm kinda staying out of monogram right now.. Epi is more durable. Why aren't these bags immune to damage?

I have never been a fan of Gucci although I do like their Boston Treasure Bag!

I really like burberry, but I am usually drawn to the styles that are outside of the conventional checkered plaid design.

vivi4581 said:
There you go... When I look at the picture. I suddenly feel that there's nothing special about it. Argh. I was buying a key holder when I spotted it and it was too cheap and it looked cute. But I just realised how small it is. Haha. That's okay. It's an investment for my daughter when I have one one day..l.:P

that's a cute bag!!! i've never seen it before.. congrats

I like Gucci but only a fan of certain bags. As for Burberry, I don't care for the checkered patterns at all. I did like the metallic handbags they came out with one season though and their fabulous caps.

Attachments

• Burberry Metallic Bronze Bag - 625.JPG
    Burberry Metallic Bronze Bag - 625.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 122
  • Gucci Collection.JPG
    Gucci Collection.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 137
Never really cared for Gucci ... they were the first label to suffer from overexposure and fakes were everywhere ... but their horsebit hobos are iconic ...

as far as burberry ... well i own one when i went though that phase ... and i still use it - especially when it rains ... but this label is so overexposed ... perhaps as someone pointed out, the Rachel Weisz advertising will restore the brand ..

always wondered how LV remained at the echelon of exclusiveness despite everyone and their dog carrying a a fake ...