Gucci BTH questions

Chloe_c

O.G.
Feb 3, 2009
Hi, I'm a Chanel addict (I love classic bags) and have recently just purchased my first Gucci BTH after Chanel revised their price again.

I was told that the bamboo handle may turn brittle after some time and start to peel or crack... :shocked: Does anyone has this experience before? And if it ever happens, can I send it in to get it replaced?

Also, despite it being a classic design, is it true that all bags will ultimately go on sale if there's excess stock? I was hoping that I have bought an investment piece just like all my chanels. :P I must say I don't regret my purchase tho' cos it's simply gorgeous!

Thanks in advance for any input!

I have my BTH for over a year now and there's no crack or peeling to the handle. There are some members here like Coach_Addict who have a vintage BTH and no cracking in the handle. If you have any problems, you can always bring it into Gucci and send it off for repairs.

No it's not true that all bags go on sale. With the exception of the two bags I purchased on sale, my other bags have never been on sale. Two of my bags are no longer in production and have been sold out ages ago. Another since 2008 and still part of their classic line. I wouldn't worry about the BTH being overstocked though - I don't think they produced a ton of BTH bags. I know the store I visit only has one BTH of each style (and not even all the styles) available. So it's either get the display one or order it in.

Hi, I'm a Chanel addict (I love classic bags) and have recently just purchased my first Gucci BTH after Chanel revised their price again.

I was told that the bamboo handle may turn brittle after some time and start to peel or crack... :shocked: Does anyone has this experience before? And if it ever happens, can I send it in to get it replaced?

Also, despite it being a classic design, is it true that all bags will ultimately go on sale if there's excess stock? I was hoping that I have bought an investment piece just like all my chanels. :P I must say I don't regret my purchase tho' cos it's simply gorgeous!

No problems with the bamboo as yet for me either, it says on the care booklet that as an organic material the bamboo may show 'aging' marks but I have seen enough vintage 1960s and 1990s versions to know this rarely happens. Did you know there is a 'cult' for building bicycles out of bamboo because of it's lightness and super-stength? There is more chance of my H bag's leather handle breaking for sure.

I agre with you about 'investment' - no one likes to see their expensive bag being bought for half the price a month later. Like GhstDreamer (out of 30) I have never seen any of my bags on sale either (bar one). I think many Gucci customers feel the same, which may be why...

Gucci are winding up their own sales from the stores and on-line, soon people will only be able to buy mark-downs at the outlets. Also, there is so much work in a BTH I don't know if Guccci could afford to sell them at much of a discount so I don't think you need to worry too much for the future.

and please join our club

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/gucci-bamboo-top-handle-club-1947-till-now-592003-45.html