Gucci Boston vs LV Speedy 30 & 35 - pics on page 2, post 24, 25 & page 3, post 40

Mrs Tipton

NY State of Mind
O.G.
Jun 28, 2009
Hi LV Ladies!

Just when I decided to pull the trigger on a Speedy, there was none to be found! It would have been my first LV. :crybaby:

Sooo, I'm considering a Gucci Boston/Joy bag instead. I don't know a whole lot about LV or Gucci, but the Speedy and the Boston look pretty comparable.

Any thoughts for or against the Gucci bag? Opinions on how they compare?

Thanks for your thoughts....

both bags are pretty much the same.

The upside with the boston is the wider availability of different colors and styles and materials.

it's all a matter of taste really.

EarthX and NewNew, thanks for your replies. I was wondering if the quality of the Gucci bags would be the same as LV, and if they are made of the same material...both seem to be canvas. Anyway, thanks again.

got both gucci canvas and LV canvas bags, though not speedy or boston, however i can tell that the canvas materials are NOT at all the same and also the leathers were also treated differently....

You should try both by yourselves IRL

Good choice...

I too am looking at the Gucci Joy Boston. I can tell you the Boston is between the speedy 30 and 35 in size. I personally love that. Gucci Boston is a great bag and will hold up very well. You will not have to worry about untreated leather handles and that is a plus.

I have both the Gucci Boston and the LV Speedy 30. If you like, I can take pics so you can at least see the size difference, handles, etc.

I have both the Gucci Boston and the LV Speedy 30. If you like, I can take pics so you can at least see the size difference, handles, etc.

I would love to see the comparison pics as well!!
Maybe it would change my mind, and I might end up getting a boston joy instead of a speedy 30!! :P

Thank you Addy !!

I too think you should wait till a speedy becomes available so that you can try it on and see for yourself.

Personally, the quality of Louis Vuitton is still better than Gucci, not to mention the repair services available at Louis Vuitton in the event you need to have something fixed. This is something to consider.

Can't wait to see your pictures Addy!:smile:

Thanks for the input everyone!

Addy--sounds like several of us would love to see your pics. If it isn't too much trouble!

I'm sort of partial to the Gucci bags only because I had one when I was in high school. It was a bribe from my mother so I'd behave in Catholic school! :roflmfao: Didn't work, but I do have fond memories of that bag.....Haha!

I would say quality but theese days honey same deal ! And the range of options gucci has is better I have to say I had divorced gucci but..... I found myself buying a small version of the gucci keep all or a very large Boston loved it and truth fully having both I think I would go Boston because its all leather in the guccisima line I like it better than canvas I guess .

It depends. Some gucci Boston designs are really pretty and more limited in circulation, compared to say a mono or damier speedy that's so common these days. Quality wise LV is better IMO. Depends on what you value most.