Gucci boston crystal vs LV speedy 30 damier ebene

sukidoo

O.G.
Aug 17, 2010
Hi ladies. I previously owned an LV mono speedy 30. I loved it so much but i decided to sell it because I really did not like the darkening of the handles and the fact that the vachetta leather is sensitive to water. So, i sold it and bought a beautiful gucci boston crystal which is practically waterproof. I really like this bag but for some reason, I miss LV. Do you think I should sell my boston and switch to an LV speedy damier 30? I'm having this dilemma because both bags are really nice classics, elegant and low-maintenance. Maybe it all boils down to which bag is prettier and which brand is better.

Please tell me your choice and why.

Thanks in advance.

why not have both? I Own a gucci Boston and love her, I also own a lot of Chanel bags but at this moment do not have a LV although I plan on getting at least one, At one time I would have thought of getting a Speedy but decided since I already have a Boston (which is very much like the speedy) that I would get a different shape LV. It all boils down to choice and which style you like. If you like the size and shape of the speedy I say get both, the Speedy will never go one sale but you can almost always find a Boston when the sales hit. Having both in your closet makes it easier to rotate the bags around so your never carrying the same bag all the time.

I agree with Flyboy2. I have the Speedy B 25 in Mono and just got my first Gucci- the Joy Imprime Boston in antique rose. Love them both. If it's a money issue, there are ways to save: don't eat out, avoid Starbucks, public transportation, cut out cable, don't gamble or smoke, etc. Hope this helps.:biggrin:

That's a tough one - I have both a pink crystal Gucci Boston bag and an LV Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene. Love both for different reasons. I think the LV is more iconic and has more history behind it (that was their first bag design and the Damier Ebene was their first pattern too, not the mono as most think)... I think the LV is a little more durable and will probably last longer, too. But the Gucci sure is pretty!

That's a tough one - I have both a pink crystal Gucci Boston bag and an LV Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene. Love both for different reasons. I think the LV is more iconic and has more history behind it (that was their first bag design and the Damier Ebene was their first pattern too, not the mono as most think)... I think the LV is a little more durable and will probably last longer, too. But the Gucci sure is pretty!

Wow! I did not know that bit of history about the Speedy DE. You are right. The speedy is iconic. It sure makes me lean towards the speedy. :biggrin: Thanks for that very important information!