Gucci Blooms - Too Trendy or New Classic?

Sep 2, 2013
Hi, Everyone:

Do you think the new Gucci Blooms will be one of their new classics or more of a trendy collection for now?

I always try to go for "classics" when investing in luxury items. I don't like looking dated, especially when the price points are high.

I do love the Blue Blooms with the red interior/trim. I just don't want to grow tired of it too quickly or look to "season/year" specific down the road.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!

Hi, Everyone:
Do you think the new Gucci Blooms will be one of their new classics or more of a trendy collection for now? I always try to go for "classics" when investing in luxury items. I don't like looking dated, especially when the price points are high. I do love the Blue Blooms with the red interior/trim. I just don't want to grow tired of it too quickly or look to "season/year" specific down the road. Thanks for everyone's thoughts!
I don't know if I would say it's trendy, but the one reason that's holding me back from getting it is I feel like I might get tired of the flowers down the road? Just my thoughts!

Me too, I am holding back from getting it due to my concerns (1) that I would get tired of the flowers print within a couple of seasons' time and/or (2) have the flowers print looking "too-season/year-specific" in a few years' time.

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
Hi, Everyone:

Do you think the new Gucci Blooms will be one of their new classics or more of a trendy collection for now?

I always try to go for "classics" when investing in luxury items. I don't like looking dated, especially when the price points are high.

I do love the Blue Blooms with the red interior/trim. I just don't want to grow tired of it too quickly or look to "season/year" specific down the road.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!
I understand where you're coming from as all of my bags are classic styles in neutral shades. It's for that reason, I am going to get the Blooms. Mainly because it's gorgeous, it is different than anything I currently own , and the design is Classic. While I like to invest in bags with timeless appeal, I also want to Love and have a bit of fun with fashion while not sacrificing my personal style. The blooms are classic flowers in classic color ways, so it's not a huge risk. If you love it, I vote to get it and enjoy it now!

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
I understand where you're coming from as all of my bags are classic styles in neutral shades. It's for that reason, I am going to get the Blooms. Mainly because it's gorgeous, it is different than anything I currently own , and the design is Classic. While I like to invest in bags with timeless appeal, I also want to Love and have a bit of fun with fashion while not sacrificing my personal style. The blooms are classic flowers in classic color ways, so it's not a huge risk. If you love it, I vote to get it and enjoy it now!

Thank you!
I appreciate reading your take on it.

I love the Blooms....I just love flowers. I understand the concern about whether it will be a classic or not. I think it's a fun look, and once you tire of it someone will want it:smile: I got my pink blooms WOC with the Dionysis clasp. I think adding that makes it less boring.

Love this!!!
Love the clash of the pretty pink Blooms with the tuff chain and Dionysus clasp - gorgeous combination and great choice :coolio::love:

I tried on this same bag and it's on my for-sure list but I'm still going back and forth about the blooms. I don't think it will look dated because it's just a pretty, feminine piece. I just worry about getting tired of it and I have to measure each purchase carefully. Gucci did a beautiful job with this collection though. The WOC is awesome btw