Gucci Blooms - Too Trendy or New Classic?

BlackGrayRed

Sep 2, 2013
Hi, Everyone:

Do you think the new Gucci Blooms will be one of their new classics or more of a trendy collection for now?

I always try to go for "classics" when investing in luxury items. I don't like looking dated, especially when the price points are high.

I do love the Blue Blooms with the red interior/trim. I just don't want to grow tired of it too quickly or look to "season/year" specific down the road.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
I don't know if I would say it's trendy, but the one reason that's holding me back from getting it is I feel like I might get tired of the flowers down the road? Just my thoughts!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Gucci will always mean flowers (Flora)

All Gucci items are 'limited editions' in some ways because the lines never last forever so gucci lovers just have to buy what suits them best whenever they see something that appeals

The Blooms collection was intended officially as a special edition, that's one of its selling points

spicestory

Jul 17, 2016
Hi, Everyone:
Do you think the new Gucci Blooms will be one of their new classics or more of a trendy collection for now? I always try to go for "classics" when investing in luxury items. I don't like looking dated, especially when the price points are high. I do love the Blue Blooms with the red interior/trim. I just don't want to grow tired of it too quickly or look to "season/year" specific down the road. Thanks for everyone's thoughts!
I don't know if I would say it's trendy, but the one reason that's holding me back from getting it is I feel like I might get tired of the flowers down the road? Just my thoughts!
Me too, I am holding back from getting it due to my concerns (1) that I would get tired of the flowers print within a couple of seasons' time and/or (2) have the flowers print looking "too-season/year-specific" in a few years' time.

Reactions: BlackGrayRed

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Hi, Everyone:

Do you think the new Gucci Blooms will be one of their new classics or more of a trendy collection for now?

I always try to go for "classics" when investing in luxury items. I don't like looking dated, especially when the price points are high.

I do love the Blue Blooms with the red interior/trim. I just don't want to grow tired of it too quickly or look to "season/year" specific down the road.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!
I understand where you're coming from as all of my bags are classic styles in neutral shades. It's for that reason, I am going to get the Blooms. Mainly because it's gorgeous, it is different than anything I currently own , and the design is Classic. While I like to invest in bags with timeless appeal, I also want to Love and have a bit of fun with fashion while not sacrificing my personal style. The blooms are classic flowers in classic color ways, so it's not a huge risk. If you love it, I vote to get it and enjoy it now!

Reactions: BlackGrayRed

BlackGrayRed

Sep 2, 2013
I understand where you're coming from as all of my bags are classic styles in neutral shades. It's for that reason, I am going to get the Blooms. Mainly because it's gorgeous, it is different than anything I currently own , and the design is Classic. While I like to invest in bags with timeless appeal, I also want to Love and have a bit of fun with fashion while not sacrificing my personal style. The blooms are classic flowers in classic color ways, so it's not a huge risk. If you love it, I vote to get it and enjoy it now!
Thank you!
I appreciate reading your take on it.

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I think the blooms line is gorgeous. Do I think it will look like a classic bag in years ahead? Probably not. If you like the bag it's definitely pretty.

Reactions: chloebagfreak
Oct 21, 2008
I love the Blooms....I just love flowers. I understand the concern about whether it will be a classic or not. I think it's a fun look, and once you tire of it someone will want it:smile: I got my pink blooms WOC with the Dionysis clasp. I think adding that makes it less boring.
Love this!!!
Love the clash of the pretty pink Blooms with the tuff chain and Dionysus clasp - gorgeous combination and great choice :coolio::love:

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
I tried on this same bag and it's on my for-sure list but I'm still going back and forth about the blooms. I don't think it will look dated because it's just a pretty, feminine piece. I just worry about getting tired of it and I have to measure each purchase carefully. Gucci did a beautiful job with this collection though. The WOC is awesome btw