Gucci Black Sukey interior

jjkitty

Apr 4, 2011
Hello ladies. I need some serious help here. I sold my large black Sukey (bought at Saks) on eBay a few days ago. I bought this bag in 2011 so the interior of the bag is off-white color. Now it seems they use black interior fabric even for the black Sukey. The buyer said she stopped by NM today and found out now the black Sukey is all black interior. She claimed the lady at NM even surprised the black Sukey she got has a off-white interior. So now, she's asking to return the bag and ask for a refund. Does anyone know when did black Sukey change its interior color? I certainly don't want to have the bag return and then try to sell it again. It's just too much trouble! And also, when I listed the bag, the pictures clearly shows the inside color of the bag. I don't think it's fair to me that all of a sudden the buyer listened to someone's crazy comment and then change her mind!!! Am I being the reasonable one here or not? So frustrated!!!! :cray::cray::cray:

Last edited:
Interior shot of the Med Black leather Sukey pic of Gucci.com today

I sent that to the buyer too and even made a screenshot from the webpage just like what you just shared with me. But she claimed that she can't find what I found on the website and keep referring to the black canvas large sukey on the Gucci website. And she also insisted that the Gucci sales at NW was surprised at the off-white interior color of the black large canvas sukey I sold her. I checked the Sukeys on sale on the Gucci website and also on Saks, they don't have black tote, but all the sukeys on the sites are white interior. She just doesn't believe the bag it's authentic and keep saying I can resell to someone if I believe it's authentic. I'm very offended. My understanding is, there is off-white and black interior for sukey tote. But buyer just believes from what she was told by the sales, the black tote only comes with black interior. I even attached my original receipt from Saks along with the bag and she still thinks it's fake. I was very patient at the beginning and trying to assure her it's authentic by giving her all the information. But now, I just give up. She already opened a claim on Paypal and I disputed it. It's at Paypal's review now. I provided all the documents and electronic receipts to them. If they still think I bought a fake bag from Saks and sold it to someone, then I really don't want to sell anything on ebay anymore! Let's see how fair/ good is the seller protection policy is.........

By the way, the buyer contacted me again claiming the picture I sent her it's the black leather Sukey, not the canvas one. Somehow she believes the black canvas is the ONLY one that has the black interior and all the others have the off-white ones. Very frustrated to try to make some senses out of someone that doesn't make any sense!!!!

Last edited:
My black sukey tote and my sukey top handle both have the light tan interior

Thank you for confirming! I don't doubt my bag. It's from Saks and I would think people that buy designer handbags can at least tell from the quality of the bag that whether it's fake or not. It's my first time selling my designer bags on eBay and it's not a very good experience after all~~ I thought it would be simple and easy since I don't carry it anymore and it's in mint condition, I should just sell it! Well, turns out to be not so easy after all~ Just got bad luck!:pout:

I just quickly checked on eBay and there are many authentic black sukeys for sale with the tan interior like yours. Maybe you can tell your buyer to look and see that in fact they were made this way.

I sent that to the buyer too and even made a screenshot from the webpage just like what you just shared with me. But she claimed that she can't find what I found on the website and keep referring to the black canvas large sukey on the Gucci website. And she also insisted that the Gucci sales at NW was surprised at the off-white interior color of the black large canvas sukey I sold her. I checked the Sukeys on sale on the Gucci website and also on Saks, they don't have black tote, but all the sukeys on the sites are white interior. She just doesn't believe the bag it's authentic and keep saying I can resell to someone if I believe it's authentic. I'm very offended. My understanding is, there is off-white and black interior for sukey tote. But buyer just believes from what she was told by the sales, the black tote only comes with black interior. I even attached my original receipt from Saks along with the bag and she still thinks it's fake. I was very patient at the beginning and trying to assure her it's authentic by giving her all the information. But now, I just give up. She already opened a claim on Paypal and I disputed it. It's at Paypal's review now. I provided all the documents and electronic receipts to them. If they still think I bought a fake bag from Saks and sold it to someone, then I really don't want to sell anything on ebay anymore! Let's see how fair/ good is the seller protection policy is.........

By the way, the buyer contacted me again claiming the picture I sent her it's the black leather Sukey, not the canvas one. Somehow she believes the black canvas is the ONLY one that has the black interior and all the others have the off-white ones. Very frustrated to try to make some senses out of someone that doesn't make any sense!!!!

I just quickly checked on eBay and there are many authentic black sukeys for sale with the tan interior like yours. Maybe you can tell your buyer to look and see that in fact they were made this way.

I just found out that even on the NM website, the medium black canvas Sukey is in tan interior. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-S.../prod152410124/p.prod?eVar4=You May Also Like

The buyer insisted that the black sukey she saw at the NM store was black interior and the sales showed surprise seeing her tan-interior black Sukey. I sent her the link and told her that, either NM selling counterfeits online or the sales doesn't know anything at all.

Last edited:
It sounds like she has just changed her mind, needs the money or whatever and now needs an excuse. These people seem to get off on theatrics, they just don't realise that they ruin people's lives with their BS.

The best of luck jjkitty

If you need help on the *Bay front there is a whole forum of fantastic tPFers who may be able to help you

All Sukey collection is made with the whiteish cotton linen lining. Most collections have that exact same lining. The only time I've seen a different interior is with vintage pieces, runway collection pieces and Diana collection which has the GG pattern lining. I work at Gucci and I see these things daily :smile:

Ladies, I actually ask Gucci online to confirm the interior color for sukey and they say it does come with either beige or black. I know that's the case but just wanted something for additional evidence for my PayPal claim.

I also sent that email to the buyer. If she still doesn't want the bag then I know she just lying about the whole time of seeing a black interior sukey at NW. I may just got a superbad buyer! Anyway, status update, I called Paypal and they said they will send all the information to their claim resolution center. The strange thing is, I checked dispute the claim when I first saw the case. But it still shows up as "seller agrees to issue full refund" at the status. Not sure what happened. And the buyer got a msg from PayPal saying she should return the bag. That's the reason I just called PayPal. And they said the status does not necessarily mean what it indicates??? And they will send another email to the buyer asking her not to return at this point~

It sounds like she has just changed her mind, needs the money or whatever and now needs an excuse. These people seem to get off on theatrics, they just don't realise that they ruin people's lives with their BS.

The best of luck jjkitty

If you need help on the *Bay front there is a whole forum of fantastic tPFers who may be able to help you

Thank you very much papertiger! I agree with you that now I do think she just changed her mind and lying about the whole NM sales thing. I has been very agitated since yesterday. I hate the fact that my weekend mood has completely affected by this whole nonsense claim!

Status update: I didn't realize I already got an email from PayPal earlier today (in my JUNK mail, hah!) saying they decided the buyer should receive the refund!!!! WTF!!!! I just called, so what they are saying is, they have all the documents I provided to prove the bag is authentic and they believe it is, but the buyer threaten to dispute the charge by calling the credit card company, in case I lose the money as well as the bag, I will be "better off" to receive my bag back and resell it to someone that less troublesome! WoW!!! PayPal's seller protection policy is just "AWESOME"!

This is a whole level of ridiculousness!

Status update: I didn't realize I already got an email from PayPal earlier today (in my JUNK mail, hah!) saying they decided the buyer should receive the refund!!!! WTF!!!! I just called, so what they are saying is, they have all the documents I provided to prove the bag is authentic and they believe it is, but the buyer threaten to dispute the charge by calling the credit card company, in case I lose the money as well as the bag, I will be "better off" to receive my bag back and resell it to someone that less troublesome! WoW!!! PayPal's seller protection policy is just "AWESOME"!

This is a whole level of ridiculousness!

That's horrible! Will you appeal the decision? I think you should because it sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

A few years ago I sold my first premier bag - gucci jockey because it was a bit too small for me. The buyer opened a claim against me saying it was torn apart and stained after a month of her using it. Paypal rep asked the buyer to bring it to Gucci to authenticate the condition. Gucci won't so I ended up winning the case after a month of dealing with that crap. Yup she won an LV bag and needed funds to pay for it - too bad lol. One rep told me the buyer is allowed to use the item up to 30 days before making the decision to get a refund. Another told me they will take no authentication or proof of condition, quality or authenticity from the seller and they will only look at proof by the buyer. Every rep is going to say a different thing. Btw, a rep told me that there is no expert at paypal who authenticates - all claims are thrown in a bucket and each claim is randomly given out to each rep or a rep randomly choose a claim (his words). So if you can, appeal that idiotic decision unless if you decide to just take the bag back or if you have no choice.

That's horrible! Will you appeal the decision? I think you should because it sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

A few years ago I sold my first premier bag - gucci jockey because it was a bit too small for me. The buyer opened a claim against me saying it was torn apart and stained after a month of her using it. Paypal rep asked the buyer to bring it to Gucci to authenticate the condition. Gucci won't so I ended up winning the case after a month of dealing with that crap. Yup she won an LV bag and needed funds to pay for it - too bad lol. One rep told me the buyer is allowed to use the item up to 30 days before making the decision to get a refund. Another told me they will take no authentication or proof of condition, quality or authenticity from the seller and they will only look at proof by the buyer. Every rep is going to say a different thing. Btw, a rep told me that there is no expert at paypal who authenticates - all claims are thrown in a bucket and each claim is randomly given out to each rep or a rep randomly choose a claim (his words). So if you can, appeal that idiotic decision unless if you decide to just take the bag back or if you have no choice.

The problem is even if she find a different rep the buyer threatened to file a claim with her cc company and will possibly lose out on the money AND the bag. If the buyer doesn't like the next decision she still has the bag AND can file a claim with her cc company. The cc company will not make her send the merchandise bag. Unfortunately, I've seen people lose money and their product all too much on tpf. It COMPLETELY sucks this way but I agree with the rep that says she's better off with not dealing with that person. Hopefully she hasn't damaged the bag and will send it back in a timely manner so all of this can beover with.