Gucci belt help!

Juicy99

O.G.
Sep 24, 2010
So I have just received the Gucci double G belt in kids large and it fits my waist but not my hips! Do you guys think it would be worth buying the 70cm (ladies) and get more holes punched or will this look silly? The kids belt is also much cheaper! Do people buy 2 different sizes or just one and get holes punched?

Reactions: jimmie staton
So I have just received the Gucci double G belt in kids large and it fits my waist but not my hips! Do you guys think it would be worth buying the 70cm (ladies) and get more holes punched or will this look silly? The kids belt is also much cheaper! Do people buy 2 different sizes or just one and get holes punched?
The leather on the Gucci belt will stretch over time and lots of wear. It all depends on what hole you use on the belt. The correct way to wear the belt is to wear it on the 3rd hole.(I have 29/30 sometimes 32 waist and wear the 90cm belt) The belt has 5 holes... when wearing it the way it is suggested, the belt will curve to your waist properly and won't look too long or too short. After about a year or so and lots of wear you will need to go to the 2nd hole (this is from experience and daily wear for over 3 years or so of my belt. I went from 3rd hole first year of wearing it to the second hole in year 2 and then year 3 to the first hole over time.) I wear the belt with my fitted jeans that are a 29 waist, when I am wearing pants or a suit, or jeans that are a 28 waist, I have to lower the waist of my jeans so that my belt doesn't gap. When I am wearing pants that are 30 or 32 in the waist, I can use the intended 3rd hole. It is best to go into Gucci and try on to see for yourself.
I hope this helps.
"J!m"

Value wise, I think it's best to pay more for one belt that is more versatile unless you want it specifically for your waist only. That way you'll actually save money because you can have 1 belt for more uses.

Gucci will only add 2 additional holes in a belt strap, anymore will compromise the strength of the strap, this is usually for free if you do it bought new through a Gucci stand alone store. If you do it via your own cobbler etc, it's your belt of course but Gucci will not honour any of their guarantee commitments for that item in the future. Whatever you choose I would not recommend putting more than 2 extra holes in the belt stop. If this is what you need with a 70cm to accommodate your waist and hip measurements I would go for the kid's belt size.

I had Gucci punch 2 extra holes into my belt - as I had already worn it & couldn't swap for the next size down. Looks fine, I can't even notice. Not sure about stretching as I've prob worn my belt a total of 10 times since I got it 2+ yrs. ago (I have the Marmont belt, that's $460)

I ordered 80cm last year in November and I asked Gucci to add 2 additional holes so that I could wear it on my waist (75cm was out of stock at the time) and they had told me they no longer do them and had me go to a leather repair shop to get it done.
I had no idea adding more than 2 holes compromises the strength of the strap I'm so glad I only got 2 additional holes added as I wasn't informed by the SA's when I inquired.

I want to get the belt but with the silver buckle instead of the gold bit it’s for men.. does it have he same belt size and same buckle as the women’s belt?

I'm guessing you're talking about the Marmont. Gucci does many different belts, buckles and straps. It should state the width of the strap in 'Product Details'. Most men's and women's med belts come in a 3cm strap to fit jeans. Hope that's the size you're looking for

Reactions: karylicious
Hey ladies, I cannot find the answer to this anywhere - can extra holes be added to the tail of the belt to make it smaller? Or does that look weird? My ideal GG belt size (for low/mid rise jeans) would be the 85/34 but a seller is offering me a good deal for an 80/32. Could I add more holes to make it bigger?

HI I am thinking of doing the same in getting the kids L, was wondering what dress size you are in UK sizing as I am struggling to figure out if it will actually fit due to the way they measure on the website at certain points on the belt. Thank you in advance!