Gucci belt & Chanel shoes VS Van Cleef bracelet?

sinny1

Rockin Chic
O.G.
Oct 28, 2007
Hello everyone,

I am super new to this specific forum. I am planning my 31st bday gift and I was planning on getting a Gucci belt and Chanel flats. Now, I'm considering getting a bracelet instead which equals to both of those items more or less. I was looking at the bracelets on the Van Cleef website because I am not a big jewelry person but I LOVE bracelets and love this design. I was curious how do they hold up? I would love to wear mine everyday because its perfectly dainty. Would this be a bracelet I would have to take off anytime I am washing dishes, shower etc? Also in your opinion, is the bracelet more worth it then getting the belt and flats? these are the two I really like. Does anyone have these and how do you like yours? Thank you!

Attachments

• 1793471.png.adapt.535.535.png
    1793471.png.adapt.535.535.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 823
  • 1793477.png.adapt.535.535.png
    1793477.png.adapt.535.535.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 823
Last edited:
Reactions: randeeh
I have the 5 motif carnelian bracelet and it something I find slightly a hassle because I take it off when I shower just as a precaution since my SA told me not to get lotions or fragrance on it. The mother of pearl I heard you also dont want to get that wet or soapy too often. But I do think VCA bracelets are more worth it they definitely hold their value more and are timeless.

Had this one in your picture in mother of pearl for years never take it off only thing since I shower w it I once had to replace stone at a cost
I would rather invest in jewelry than shoes or bags

I love shoes, bags, and jewelry. And for luxury pieces, I like them to make a statement.

To me... Chanel flats and Gucci belt are chic, fashionable, and make a statement. The small sweets bracelet does not make a statement. Plus, to me, I would get sick of it as to me, it’s too dainty and does not look mature.

Of your choices, if it were me, I’d get the shoes and belt. I would enjoy them much more and they will look great with my outfits and the image I want to portray.

For jewelry, I’d wait to get a more bolder, mature looking piece. At 31, I think the shoes and belt make a better statement than that tiny sweets bracelet.

Just my two cents. Hope this was helpful.

If you don’t have nice shoes or belts in your collection then get them, the bracelet you’re after is tiny, imo either save up for a nicer piece or just buy the belt and shoes now.
Everything is an investment in the sense of investing in your image, and I don’t think jewlry is worth more, just look at the amount of preloved vcf on the market, people might go for preloved bags but hardly anyone is going to settle for a 10 yr old scratched up vcf bracelet unless it’s a high jewelry piece

I would get neither and save up for a more substantial VCA piece. Honestly, I am so happy with all my VCA pieces and wear them all the time. Don’t get worried about the “I want it, I got to have it, I have some savings so why not” bug. For one thing, it never goes away. For another VCA, Gucci and whatnot are always here.

shoes and bags. i think shoes n bags are equally attractive as the bracelet. Personally i will think you will get more enjoyment from shoes and bags instead of the vca bracelet