Gucci Belt Bags - experience/opinions please!

purseaddison

Jun 22, 2009
Hi - I'd like to upgrade by belt bag game this summer...I used a lululemon one last year and loved the convenience but too casual. I tend to carry my iphone, sunglasses, sometimes a very slim wallet and my car key.
I'm looking at the two below. It looks like the interlocking G is quite a bit smaller? Any advice or opinions welcome! I like the new ophidia because it has a clip - the old one had a buckle only.

Belt bag with Interlocking G
https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/wome...elt-bag-with-interlocking-g-p-68293392THG8563

1649526510126.png

Ophidia GG belt bag
https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/women/handbags/backpacks-for-women/ophidia-gg-belt-bag-p-57479697SIT8747

1649526493530.png

Hi - I'd like to upgrade by belt bag game this summer...I used a lululemon one last year and loved the convenience but too casual. I tend to carry my iphone, sunglasses, sometimes a very slim wallet and my car key.
I'm looking at the two below. It looks like the interlocking G is quite a bit smaller? Any advice or opinions welcome! I like the new ophidia because it has a clip - the old one had a buckle only.

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/wome...elt-bag-with-interlocking-g-p-68293392THG8563

View attachment 5376134

Ophidia GG belt bag
https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/women/handbags/backpacks-for-women/ophidia-gg-belt-bag-p-57479697SIT8747

View attachment 5376133
I’ve never used either, but I think the Ophidia is a little more stylish. I would go with that one!

View attachment 5376134

Ophidia GG belt bag

View attachment 5376133

If you are close to a store, I really encourage you to go in and try them on. The pictures can be deceiving. My SA just showed me some belt bags. I believe the top bag you are showing is a bit smaller than the lower one. I bought a Gucci children's belt bag for myself and when we held up the pouch to the top bag, the pouches were the same size. I can't fit sunglasses in my belt bag, but I do wear large sunglasses so maybe you would have better luck.

I’ve had 2 Gucci belt bags in the last year.

This one below is the one I bought first. Loved everything about it in terms of how versatile and adjustable the strap was. Sits amazing against the body and is flattering. It will fit a large range of body sizes, and will allow many different ways of wearing it. It had a strong magnet flap which made it really secure, and easy in and out. The negative is it doesn’t fit as much as you’d think. It’s really flat so if you stuff it too much it bulges weird, and then the flap won’t close. What you plan to carry is probably the max this would carry comfortably. I ended up selling this bc I found it too in your face “Gucci” so I didn’t reach for it bc of that. I wanted something a bit more subtle so I bought the one in the pic under this one.
4E182F7E-1ABB-4AC4-9A48-8B4F8669B03E.jpeg
Since I was looking for something a bit more subtle I bought this one below next. This one has a smaller footprint (is the same size and style as the first one in your pic), but actually fits a lot more than the first one I had. Because of its shape it will fit what you’re wanting plus more. The huge negative for this one (and why I ended up selling it) was the strap was very limited. It was short to where I could wear it like a Fanny pack, or tight to the chest, and that’s it. For reference I’m 5’3” and 120lbs. I generally prefer belt bags to hang loose across the chest, and hanging down towards my hip (more crossbody style). This bag did not even come close to allowing that. The one you’re looking at doesn’t list how long the adjustability is on the strap, so I would maybe call and ask before buying if you’re wanting that kind of versatility.
For my third belt bag, I ended up buying a Burberry one, and it was exactly what I was looking for. Love it.
CC8710EB-5187-412D-BE75-0326BF7AE2CA.jpeg
If I hadn’t found the Burberry one that I really like, I would probably buy this one as it wasn’t available back when I bought my first one. I like that it just has the “GG” on the front instead of it saying the word “Gucci”.
7D6B4B8F-1FE7-4A11-A1BB-216F61CF78A9.jpeg
I hope this helps, and that you find something you love!

Reactions: Loriad
I just got this one! I hope I like it :smile:

I just got this one! I hope I like it :smile:
I had this one and sold it. It's actually very nice! Opens nice and big so you can see everything, similar to a camera bag. I only got rid of it because I wanted to wear it across my chest and the shape didn't look right on my frame unless I wore it on my waist. I was able to get the LV bumbag so I went with that instead.

I’m 5’2” 128 lbsish and own the supreme belt bag. The bag is limited sized but I used it extensively through COVID and any time I need to be fashionably hands free. I love that it sits close to my body and doesn’t bounce on my hip. In the back slot, I use the Louis key pouch in graphite as a wallet to save space and latch on for security. Either iPhone 11 and 13 fit well with lipstick, lip liner, and face powder in main space. My key fob, perfume, and sanitizer sit in the front small pouch.
9D6CA2E9-3385-4FDA-B148-FE4CA454402E.jpeg

I had this one and sold it. It's actually very nice! Opens nice and big so you can see everything, similar to a camera bag. I only got rid of it because I wanted to wear it across my chest and the shape didn't look right on my frame unless I wore it on my waist. I was able to get the LV bumbag so I went with that instead.
That is the one I wanted but can’t find it, only for 1,000 more on Fashionphile! Thanks for the feedback! I do want to wear it across chest too. Hmm.. I just ordered the fendi one, similar in shape to the LV. One will have to go back!

• Love
I’ve had 2 Gucci belt bags in the last year.

This one below is the one I bought first. Loved everything about it in terms of how versatile and adjustable the strap was. Sits amazing against the body and is flattering. It will fit a large range of body sizes, and will allow many different ways of wearing it. It had a strong magnet flap which made it really secure, and easy in and out. The negative is it doesn’t fit as much as you’d think. It’s really flat so if you stuff it too much it bulges weird, and then the flap won’t close. What you plan to carry is probably the max this would carry comfortably. I ended up selling this bc I found it too in your face “Gucci” so I didn’t reach for it bc of that. I wanted something a bit more subtle so I bought the one in the pic under this one.
View attachment 5382710
Since I was looking for something a bit more subtle I bought this one below next. This one has a smaller footprint (is the same size and style as the first one in your pic), but actually fits a lot more than the first one I had. Because of its shape it will fit what you’re wanting plus more. The huge negative for this one (and why I ended up selling it) was the strap was very limited. It was short to where I could wear it like a Fanny pack, or tight to the chest, and that’s it. For reference I’m 5’3” and 120lbs. I generally prefer belt bags to hang loose across the chest, and hanging down towards my hip (more crossbody style). This bag did not even come close to allowing that. The one you’re looking at doesn’t list how long the adjustability is on the strap, so I would maybe call and ask before buying if you’re wanting that kind of versatility.
For my third belt bag, I ended up buying a Burberry one, and it was exactly what I was looking for. Love it.
View attachment 5382718
If I hadn’t found the Burberry one that I really like, I would probably buy this one as it wasn’t available back when I bought my first one. I like that it just has the “GG” on the front instead of it saying the word “Gucci”.
View attachment 5382733
I hope this helps, and that you find something you love!

Any chance you can link the Burberry one? I’m looking for a good balance of fashion, practical and not in your face…

Any chance you can link the Burberry one? I’m looking for a good balance of fashion, practical and not in your face…
This is the one I have. This particular one does say Burberry in white, but since the rest of the bag is a solid black it doesn’t bother me. The second link is the one I almost bought. Basically they’re the same , but aesthetics are a little different.

https://us.burberry.com/logo-print-nylon-sonny-bum-bag-p80490951

I almost bought this one bc the Burberry blends in, but I got the one above bc it has a double zip.

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/m...onny-bum-bag-item-14700643.aspx?storeid=11720

This is the one I have. This particular one does say Burberry in white, but since the rest of the bag is a solid black it doesn’t bother me. The second link is the one I almost bought. Basically they’re the same , but aesthetics are a little different.

https://us.burberry.com/logo-print-nylon-sonny-bum-bag-p80490951

I almost bought this one bc the Burberry blends in, but I got the one above bc it has a double zip.

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/m...onny-bum-bag-item-14700643.aspx?storeid=11720

Thank you so much. I think they have this first one at a Bloomingdale’s nearby. I’m going to go try it on.

Logos aside. Which style do you prefer out of the first Gucci you had and this Burberry one? Meaning if the logo loudness didn’t matter? Shape, style, function and cuteness..

Thank you so much. I think they have this first one at a Bloomingdale’s nearby. I’m going to go try it on.

Logos aside. Which style do you prefer out of the first Gucci you had and this Burberry one? Meaning if the logo loudness didn’t matter? Shape, style, function and cuteness..

You’re welcome! As for which I prefer….hmmm…that’s hard bc they’re so different.
The first Gucci one sits nice and flat to the body (has a very flattering fit), and I loved the easy in and out magnetic closure flap. The magnet is strong so you don’t have to worry about it popping open. The strap can go really long to really short to wear in a variety of ways. The con with that one is it doesn’t fit very much. Since it’s coated canvas and is a flat pouch, you can really only fit phone, keys, and a small wallet. Maybe 1-2 other really small things. And you have to be careful how to pack it bc it’ll bulge out weird if things aren’t lined up flat inside. And since it’s a magnetic closure it can’t bulge or it doesn’t close well.

The Burberry one fits a ton more. 2-3x the amount. It also has a back zip pocket which is nice. The way it lays reminds me a lot of the LV bumbag. It has a really similar shape. I also like that it’s nylon. Very carefree, and it also has a large amount of adjustability to the length of the strap.

So I think it comes down to if you’re looking for something that holds just the essentials, is more structured, but is flat to the body (Gucci flap one), or one that holds more than the bare essentials, isn’t structured, and is more hammock-shaped (Burberry).