Gucci belt bag, what to do with the leather!?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies! :smile:

I tried to search the forum for this, but I could not find an answer..
    Thing is, I bought a Gucci belt bag (the beige canvas with dark brown leather, red/green belt) and the leather parts are AWFULLY stiff.. Does anyone have any tips on how to soften it up a bit? Could leather cream maybe to the trick?

And a sub-question.. Do you think I will ruin the bag if I have the belt shortened a bit? Even if I make it as small as possible, it's a bit loose :sad: And I can't wear it.. I could have maybe 5 inches cut off.. I'm 99% sure I will do it. I'd take it to bag repairer to sew it properly..

Thank you for your thoughts :heart:

2. I don't have an answer for you, but I have the same problem with my belt bag so I'm interested to hear what responses you'll get. It's an older one (I got it about 6 years ago) and I actually posted on the Authenticate This Gucci thread because I was concerned it was fake since the leather on my mom and sister's belt bag was more pebbled and flexible than mine.

3. Sorry to hear about your bag :sad: I have the one with pigskin.. and I actually tried a bit leather moisturizer on it, but it did not make a difference thus far...

Some of the special styles of this bag, that are created for one season might have calf leather parts, those are softer..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice