Gucci belt bag, what to do with the leather!?

christa

O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
Finland
Hi ladies! :smile:

I tried to search the forum for this, but I could not find an answer..
Thing is, I bought a Gucci belt bag (the beige canvas with dark brown leather, red/green belt) and the leather parts are AWFULLY stiff.. Does anyone have any tips on how to soften it up a bit? Could leather cream maybe to the trick?

And a sub-question.. Do you think I will ruin the bag if I have the belt shortened a bit? Even if I make it as small as possible, it's a bit loose :sad: And I can't wear it.. I could have maybe 5 inches cut off.. I'm 99% sure I will do it. I'd take it to bag repairer to sew it properly..

Thank you for your thoughts :heart:

nova_girl

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
Northern Virginia
I don't have an answer for you, but I have the same problem with my belt bag so I'm interested to hear what responses you'll get. It's an older one (I got it about 6 years ago) and I actually posted on the Authenticate This Gucci thread because I was concerned it was fake since the leather on my mom and sister's belt bag was more pebbled and flexible than mine.

christa

O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
Finland
Sorry to hear about your bag :sad: I have the one with pigskin.. and I actually tried a bit leather moisturizer on it, but it did not make a difference thus far...

Some of the special styles of this bag, that are created for one season might have calf leather parts, those are softer..