Gucci, Balenciaga, Prada or Mulberry?

7th House

Aug 18, 2020
Hi ladies!

Need your advise. I am looking at purchasing my 2nd luxury handbag soon. I have my Gucci marmont mini which I absolutely adore that I even bought a belt to match it. Now, I want to buy another bag so that I don't end up overusing my Gucci I'm operating on a budget of $1650 Australian dollars. If you have the choice, which of the bags below would you pick?
A. Gucci mini vanity in canvas
B. Balenciaga Navy tote in black (cotton or canvas? Not sure what it's called but it's defo not leather)
C. Prada re-edition nylon in black (w/ leather strap)
D. Mulberry bays water in hotpink (or the brown one. I like brown too)

Keen to know your experience with these bags as we if you have them. ❤

Screenshot_20220623_124631_com.android.chrome_edit_926785828728373.jpg

Screenshot_20220623_124739_com.android.chrome_edit_926738507162756.jpg

Screenshot_20220623_124648_com.android.chrome_edit_926831827130450.jpg

Screenshot_20220622_091620_com.android.chrome_edit_942453797130149.jpg

Do you want a black bag? I find the two you picked a bit ordinary in comparison to the mulberry and the gucci

Do you want another gucci bag? This one is very cute and most likely different from your current gucci

IMO the mulberry is the best for the money, in that it’s leather; relatively classic in design; and looks like it is durable, but it’s also probably heavier?

you might want to post a pic of your current bag and why you chose these four (your criteria) :smile:

Do you want a black bag? I find the two you picked a bit ordinary in comparison to the mulberry and the gucci

Do you want another gucci bag? This one is very cute and most likely different from your current gucci

IMO the mulberry is the best for the money, in that it’s leather; relatively classic in design; and looks like it is durable, but it’s also probably heavier?

you might want to post a pic of your current bag and why you chose these four (your criteria) :smile:

I was thinking I want another bag that I can use a lot without the need to treat it like a baby. The one I have at the moment, although I use it a lot, I have to admit that I also need to be careful so as to not get it scratched. I don't mind another black bag since I already have a belt to match it with. However, it will also be good to have something that will standout. I own 8 bags (mostly from Coach and Furla) but they are 90% black with gold hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_121159.jpg
    IMG_20220520_121159.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: lill_canele
I chose these 4 because of the price point and also because I think I can make lots of use out these 4 considering their size and they don't look high maintenance to me. Plus, I wear lots of dresses in summer and jeans and coats in winter and these bags seem to match the clothes I wear ❤️

Reactions: lill_canele
I think I like the Gucci(s) and the Mulberry more because the others disappear in comparison.

I think the Mulberry is the best value since it's all leather and although I like all pinks, this rose colour is perfect all-year-round depending on how you wear it.
The mulberry bag really caught my attention and the fact that it's a mini bag really stood out to me! And the Gucci one is gorgeous as well. I can really make use of either one a lot. If only I can get both at the same time Thank you xxxx

The Prada nylon would be the most carefree. I have the cameo beige and it's my most used bag. I wear it in the rain, in all kinds of conditions and it looks brand new. Mine is the nylon re-edition 2005, so I just use it with the silver chain that it came with. I'm not sure about the leather strap though.

Reactions: 7th House
The Prada nylon would be the most carefree. I have the cameo beige and it's my most used bag. I wear it in the rain, in all kinds of conditions and it looks brand new. Mine is the nylon re-edition 2005, so I just use it with the silver chain that it came with. I'm not sure about the leather strap though.
I thought about that too! I want something carefree. One I can take to the supermarket and it won't be too flashy but I can also take it to dinner with my husband and it won't be too casual. Is color transfer possible with nylon like for example if I pick a lighter colour?

Reactions: brnicutie
I thought about that too! I want something carefree. One I can take to the supermarket and it won't be too flashy but I can also take it to dinner with my husband and it won't be too casual. Is color transfer possible with nylon like for example if I pick a lighter colour?

My only nylon bags are the kind that can wiped down or be thrown in the washing machine, I think the majority of my designer bags or leather. Even a leather bag that pics up some light transfer can be cleaned.

I've never gotten any on my cameo beige one. When it gets dirty I just wipe it down with soap and water.

I would pick the Gucci. It’s adorable, goes with everything. I just don’t think the plain black bags are worth the same price. Get the bag that makes you excited to use it. Too many times I’ve made the mistake of….I looove this one but I’ll get the other one because it’s more “practical”. Get the one you loooove the most.

If you have the choice, which of the bags below would you pick?

A. Gucci mini vanity in canvas
I'm not really into vanity cases as bags. As you go about your day, opening and closing the bag can be a bit of a pain, especially if you're paying for something and people are waiting for you to finish. It's also the bag that's the easiest to open or close if you set in on a table first. It's also a bit bulky, granted, it's a mini size so it probably won't be that bad, but it will kind of stick out when you wear it.
But I do have the Gucci vanity (not this one, the one without a strap) and I do love it. It is super cute but I use it for my makeup.

B. Balenciaga Navy tote in black (cotton or canvas? Not sure what it's called but it's defo not leather)
Not a fan of a logo slapped onto a plain bag.

C. Prada re-edition nylon in black (w/ leather strap)
I have the re-edition in saffiano leather. I love it. I can see the nylon version being very easy to use, carefree, and versatile. It's a more casual bag to me, since it is nylon, and while I can see it for a casual date, I personally would not use it in a more formal setting.

D. Mulberry bays water in hotpink (or the brown one. I like brown too)
Mulberry uses great leather, and if you like the style, it's definitely worth your money. I'm not a pink person so I wouldn't get it but the Mulberry brown is a beautiful shade. I would not get it because Mulberry isn't my style.

Just my thoughts/opinions! Enjoy your new bag when you get it!