Gucci Bag Boxes - Do they fold down?

Michellynn71

Mar 15, 2017
I haven't bought a Gucci bag before, but I am considering getting the Soho disco or the marmont matelasse (zip top with the slip pocket in front) while I am in London next week. I typically buy LVs, and their boxes are collapsible/fold down flat, which makes the boxes easy to pack in my luggage to bring home. Do the gucci boxes do the same?

None of my LV boxes are collapsible...unless I'm missing something. The Box I got with my disco is not collapsible either. Hope that helps!
The yellow LV boxes for bags the size of say a croisette or larger (maybe some of the smaller ones too) all have blue tabs on the inside....if you pull those blue tabs they pull the LV boxes flat. All of mine do this. That is why I was asking if the gucci boxes do the same.

The yellow LV boxes for bags the size of say a croisette or larger (maybe some of the smaller ones too) all have blue tabs on the inside....if you pull those blue tabs they pull the LV boxes flat. All of mine do this. That is why I was asking if the gucci boxes do the same.
Wow didnt know that...off to check my box. Although mine are brown so maybe thats why! [emoji4] i recommend the disco. Im loving mine, the leather feels so luxurious and I think that will just get better with age.

None of the boxes I received from Gucci are collapsible either; but don't let that stop you from purchasing the disco bag. :smile:
Just bring it home in your sleeper bag. But you can ask them to give you a smaller size shopping bag which you can fold and place in your luggage. :smile:

Thanks for the info on the LV boxes. :smile:

Reactions: Michellynn71
None of the boxes I received from Gucci are collapsible either; but don't let that stop you from purchasing the disco bag. :smile:
Just bring it home in your sleeper bag. But you can ask them to give you a smaller size shopping bag which you can fold and place in your luggage. :smile:

Thanks for the info on the LV boxes. :smile:
Thanks....sounds like I may have to forgo bringing the box back. :/

Wow didnt know that...off to check my box. Although mine are brown so maybe thats why! [emoji4]
It sounds like you have the older style boxes. The new Louis Vuitton boxes introduced during the summer of 2016 are saffron color with a deep royal blue ribbon. Some of them are collapsible and close with a hidden magnet in the flap. IMG_2643.JPG
The design of the new packaging is based on a historic trunk created for car manufacturer Citroën.IMG_2644.JPG
The vintage box also inspired a runway piece.IMG_2645.JPG

Yes the gucci one does fold down but you have to ask for a flat box. They have one of those sticky taps when you pull them off, the corners will stick together permanently, you wont be able to fold them down again. Sorry it's not the best description ever.

Yes the gucci one does fold down but you have to ask for a flat box. They have one of those sticky taps when you pull them off, the corners will stick together permanently, you wont be able to fold them down again. Sorry it's not the best description ever.
Actually I followed what you were describing. Thank you! I will explain to the SA I need to pack the box and ask for a flat box..

Reactions: shoesshoeshoes
Actually I followed what you were describing. Thank you! I will explain to the SA I need to pack the box and ask for a flat box..
Oh also if you plan to get your gucci from harrods or selfridges, they wont give you boxes. Last time I bought mine from Harrods, I had to go to their stand alone store on Sloan Street to get a box. Its only 5 mins away though. Good luck ;)