Gucci Authenticity Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Melanie thats a great page to look at it.I have a love hate relationship with eBay.I want a Gucci bag so bad and thought I could go on eBay and find what I was looking for but wrong.I realized you can't bargain with eBay period.I'd rather save myself the heartache and deal with someone off the forums I belong to or deal with a reputable seller.

I swear I didn't know it was that many fake Gucci bags out there,lol.

Here's a pic of the backs of some of my Gucci tags.. Notice the curviness of the round numbers like the 2, 3, 5. They hve like an extra curviness to the ends. Also notice the fonts of the other numbers. I hope this can help someone

oops. Here's the photos.

GUCCISERIALS.jpg

Hi,
I have a question. Can someone PLEASE help me??/ I am new to the forum and have asked questions about buying a charmy bag from edesignershop.net and no one really got back to me. So, I just got the bag and I went to Gucci this wknd and it does look the same to me .. even though, I did not see them side by side --only memory. I dont have any of my gucci bags with me and dont remember if my controllato cards should be the 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 numbers. Does anyone know if its supposed to be?
I think my old one is too. I can take a pic of it and post it.
Thanks.

Angie

Hi,
I have a question. Can someone PLEASE help me??/ I am new to the forum and have asked questions about buying a charmy bag from edesignershop.net and no one really got back to me. So, I just got the bag and I went to Gucci this wknd and it does look the same to me .. even though, I did not see them side by side --only memory. I dont have any of my gucci bags with me and dont remember if my controllato cards should be the 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 numbers. Does anyone know if its supposed to be?
I think my old one is too. I can take a pic of it and post it.
Thanks.

Angie
the controllato card with 0-9 numbers is the same for every bag, there isnt a different one they all have the same numbers, nothing specific for each bag...which makes it easy for the fakers to make the same card

Sorry Jill among LV,Chanel,Dior and Gucci. Gucci grade AA replica is closed to real one and I couldn't notice the different.
I ever bought a Fake Gucci Pink wallet from Ebay I compared size by size with the real one and found a little different of lining color so I knew suddenly that the wallet was fake. Anyway, tag, control card and package were as a purchase from original boutique.

Does anyone know why some Gucci bags have 6 numbers on the top and 4 on the bottom when other have 6 on top and 6 on the bottom (speaking of the back side of interior Gucci tag)?

I am curious as well. The accessories I own has four digits, such as wallet and the small cosmetic bag. But one of my pink Gucci bag from Japan has 4 digits too. Bag with five digits is fake, I believe?

Now, I myself have been looking for a vintage navy logo "speedy" or satchel type bag for a while. EVERY one on ebay looks fake to me. None of the logo canvas lines up! I remember in the 80's there was a "Gucci" store in Acapulco, Mexico. They only sold logo bags in the popular colors of the day. The bags were NOT made by the *real* Gucci in Italy but had some weird family-related license to make and sell Gucci bags. (Can't remember where they were made...? Maybe even Mexico.) They were not cheap, but they weren't the price of Gucci in the US for sure. The quality was spotty, the leather was a little plastic-looking and the canvas almost never lined up.

YES...thank you for bringing up the Mexico issue. I bought my first Gucci bag from the Mexico City "Gucci" store in 1988....yes this was from back in the day when Gucci sold their licence to other manufacturers. I actually like the Mexico Gucci bags better than the Italy Gucci bags made during the same time. The Mexico Gucci bags are leather and the monogram was much smaller. My bag has held up pretty well over time.

Here's a pic of the backs of some of my Gucci tags.. Notice the curviness of the round numbers like the 2, 3, 5. They hve like an extra curviness to the ends. Also notice the fonts of the other numbers. I hope this can help someone

I was going through the thread and I came across this. I decided to have a look at my Abbey Shoulder Bag to look at the font. I bought this bag from the Melbourne Gucci boutique and as you can see from the photos, there is no curiviness in the "2" 's. There is in the "3" 's though. I bought this from the Gucci boutique and paid full price for it so I know it is authentic. If I hadn't I would be crying right now going by the posts.

Conclusion: The "2" 's aren't always curvy.

Attachments

• IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,345
  • IMG_2448.JPG
    IMG_2448.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 3,236
Status
Not open for further replies.